Factory Reset After The Update?

flakmagnet

I may have missed this. On another forum I have read that it's important to do a factory reset after installing the update. I did not do that and I have noticed that the depth indicator especially is 'way off on targets, even one's on the surface. Any thoughts?

Hi Flakmagnet,

If I remember well, it was Phrunt who, on this forum,  came up with the idea to do a "FP" after updating to V1.75.

He used the comparison with an update on the pc, where you have to restart the pc to  have the update take effect.

I did it and it's working fine for me.

What would prevent you to give it a try yourself, to see if it solves your problem with the depth indicator?

Easily done,  and if you're not ok with it afterwards, you can simply roll it back to V1.50. ?

Good luck and greetings,

Bob'ke

Thanks gents. Yes I will do it. I have been away from the detector and wanted a head start for when I get back to it.

I will see if it makes any appreciable difference and report back if it does.

Ive flipped back and forth several times and never did a factory reset.  I guess im to lazy to reset everything lol.   Now i did read somewhere that just because it completed the down load that it may not have done it correctly.   Ive not had a problem with any down loads...... but prefer the old program for my style of hunting..... possibly because thats the one i learned on for several months.

I have done the reset and what seemed to me to be a fairly chattery response after the installation of the update, reverted back into the stable and quiet Equinox I am used to.

Also, it was easy to put my settings back in and actually it was good practice to re-do them all, a secondary bonus from resetting.

• Like 1