New Equinox Coil

rled2005

I got this email today...

Hi Randell,

Thank you for your enquiry, I have forwarded your suggestion to our engineering team and they will look into this.
We are in the final stages of completing the 17X11” elliptical coil for the Equinox which will be available for purchase from your local Minelab dealership soon.

Kind Regards,

Minelab Service

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

17" x 11" wow! 

Great if  you're a beach hunter or plowed field hunter I suppose, sucks for us relic hunters :wacko:

Most of my relic hunting is done IN plowed fields vs. woods or trails.  Just the way it rolls out my way because we are generally detecting CW camps/engagement sites vs. remote outposts and those mostly happen to be located on farms 'round here.

That being said, I am in your camp, we really need something that falls between the 6 and 11 inch round coils, preferably an elliptical form factor, closed coil.

1 hour ago, unearth said:

17" x 11"??? I've heard only 15" x 13". What gives??

Yep, this is strange.  Either someone got their dimensions mixed up or a fourth OEM Equinox coil is in the works and has yet to be announced.  

I received a e-mail product update from MINELAB  Oct 11th stating that the EQX 15 Double-D Smart Coil a 15x12 is now shipping.

Pre-Paid for one that morning STILL WAITING !!!!!!! Freeze up getting closer …..   :cool:

I suggested to them a 9.5x5.5 or 10x6 elliptical coil, closed bottom and top would be nice. And solid scuff protectors would be nice for bottom and possibly top for existing coils for the dry dirt and rocky areas. I have noticed my open coil hanging up on rocks and short, stiff weeds.

I also suggested in addition to the 5 tone zones that we are limited to, that 8 to 10 tone zones for the 50 tones option be added to a program change. 

• Like 2

Did they say anything at Detectival or the big detector show in Holland?  

Surely their only announcement couldn't have been the 15" coil which they already announced last year???

ML may make decent products, but their marketing/execution sure is a cluster.

I like your suggestions for a coil.   Im betting that person is confused......they are just now getting around to the 15.  As slow as they are and the way they like to keep you on a hook...... they would have done some PR on that big of a coil.   Thats a lot of coil that i wont be swinging in the water.   I prefer the smaller option for sensitivity over depth.   By time you get a that big of a coil to run properly you have turned it down and the standard would be pretty close in the water.   Out of the water...... grab a bungy.... shes going to be ackward.

Maybe they’ll put helium in it. Or it possibly could be a really thin coil and a thin square for the ckt board