Adapter To Run Sun Ray Pro Gold Headphones

Rick73

1 hour ago, Rick73 said:

Has anyone used the Sun Ray Gold headphones with the WM 08. It would take an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter to do it. I read that the Minelab adapter might not work with the Sun Rays.

Sunray pro golds will NOT work with the Minelab adapter. You will have to go to ebay and buy a cable made by "others"

Dave

• Like 1

Well that's disappointing!  Bought the adapter and never checked it against my Sunrays.  Would have been nice if there was a disclaimer from Minelab, or did I just not see it on their website?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

2 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Well that's disappointing!  Bought the adapter and never checked it against my Sunrays.  Would have been nice if there was a disclaimer from Minelab, or did I just not see it on their website?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

I returned my adapter from Minelab for a full refund.

Dave

6 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Why would Minelab write a disclaimer, is there something peculiar about the Minelab adapter? I use the WM08 with other headphones, the problem is probably with your headphones.

1 hour ago, Alluminati said:

Why would Minelab write a disclaimer, is there something peculiar about the Minelab adapter? I use the WM08 with other headphones, the problem is probably with your headphones.

Well yes there is. It's called Stereo and Mono. Since Minelab does not provide 1/4 jack headphones with the 600 or 800 you bet your bottom they should provide an explanation.   Zero paperwork in that adapter package.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midalake said:

Well yes there is. It's called Stereo and Mono. Since Minelab does not provide 1/4 jack headphones with the 600 or 800 you bet your bottom they should provide an explanation.   Zero paperwork in that adapter package.

So what is the problem?, you still haven't explained yourself clearly.

Why don't you complain to Sunray about their weird headphone wiring?

I agree...... there should be something said about the adapter NOT being compatible with all phones.   Many have said it on the forums.   The phones arent the problem....... the adapter isnt universal.  Unlike most detectors..... where you can plug in any 1/4" adapter, ML tried to make their adapter proprietary  by using a mono jack..... which doesnt work with some stereo headphones.   It likely would have been a bigger issue had people not figured out how to make the adapter........ and i might add.... before they got the adapter or their waterproof phones out.  Im surprised ML hasnt redesigned it......... others have.

• Like 1