Minelabs Made Me A Believer!

Hello All,
I can gladly say that my SDC arrived this afternoon and as soon as my wife was home to watch the kids i hit my latest spot. As unbelievable as it sounds and still seems to me i hit the small flake (doesnt register on my scale that goes to .1 grams) a few inches down in the bedrock, i chipped and chipped and the sound got better and better. Got it out by bashing and cleaning up in my pan was absolutely amazed at how clear and true the sound had been. Stoked and still dancing a jig i slowly proceeded up river and got another signal that was a little louder but kinda hard to get at due to the angle of the bedrock. I smashed apart the small ledge with my trusty Apex and rescanned the area. Now it was nice loud and clear, bet this'll be lead i thought. Smashed, scooped, scanned and repeated again. No lead shot, a beautiful little 1/3 dwt Nugget my second in a half hour. I'm Absolutely Ecstatic!, I haven't had this much joy finding gold in awhile and i always enjoy finding it. I have been creaming this area with my GB Pro over the last year and thought i would breeze through here and hit a spot up river but instead i made it about thirty feet. Awesome! With a very big toothy smile i decided i'd head home before it got dark and get some good rest for tomorrow since i have two locations that i'm just jonsen to hit. 
Today i was running sens. on 2 - never got time to worry about turning her up.
The SDC is definitely the best metal detector i've ever used - The arm rests a bit of a pain and i'll be making a weight system for diving-the coils buoyancy is annoying. Yet i'm in love. My wife asked me if i was going to shower with the thing the day that a bought it. Upon arriving home today i told her "sure s@#t i'm showern with it - F#$&*^g sleeping with it to. LOL 
I'll be detecting my ass off the coming weekend - rain,shine, snow or sleet
Thanks for sharing my joy
AjR

post-661-0-45377800-1426906571_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats on the SDC. No nugget is safe now. Fold it up and place it in the pouch behind the truck seat..... throw it in a day pack and go for a long hike up into a rugged area.....Detect under water.... Spray the whole thing down with water  They are awesome machines.

strick

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to have to start patrolling my claims on the river :)  

Of course, no one would go on someone else's claim.......

Darn Minelabs.... :)

Well done!

The SDC 2300 is a great little ("little" being the key word) detector. I'll be very interested to see how it performs for you underwater (I mean really underwater). I'm a diver too and have been tossing up whether to dive some of the deeper parts of the rivers where i usually run a sluice. It's just going to be a royal pain getng the airtanks out there in the middle of nowhere.