Makro Gold Kruzer First Look Video

Thanks for all your input guys, I thought that might have been the case over hot ground. That said it still looks like one of the best VLF gold detectors around $1000 mark. 

Hi Joe76,

I totally agree with you that the Makro Gold Kruzer with all of its great features is about as good as you can get for a gold specific VLF. If I was needing a high frequency VLF gold specific detector for stream prospecting in hot ground or for prospecting where steady rain was likely, it would be my first choice with the Nox 800 a close second. It is less than $700 here in the USA and comes with a decent Makro pinpointer included. 

My test results were what I expected for testing that is as close to targets buried in the ground as I can get. From my experience, those depth numbers would probably be up to an inch deeper in undisturbed similar hot ground.

good luck 

Jeff

I like my Gold Kruzer.

I haven't had any time to write about it.  

HH
Mike

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hola buenas tardes muchachos, tengo al igual que Ustedes el Gold Kruzer, la verdad que todavía estoy tratando de poder entenderlo, 

he estado realizando pruebas con diferentes metales (monedas de mi país de distintas denominaciones al igual que anillos de distintos metales), enterrandolos para poder tener una idea de que ID maneja el equipo en el tipo de suelo de mi Pais, lo que observo en el display del equipo es que el ID se la pasa saltando de un número a otro sin darme algo estable para saber el tipo de ID del objetivo, a que se debe esto? es normal? el equipo esta configurado asi?

“Hello good afternoon guys, I have like you Gold Kruzer, the truth that I am still trying to understand, I have been conducting tests with different metals (currencies of my country of different denominations as well as rings of different metals), burying them to get an idea of what ID the equipment handles in the type of soil of my country, which I observe in the The display of the equipment is that the ID is passed by jumping from one number to another without giving me something stable to know the type of ID of the objective, why is this? It is normal? Is the device set up like this?”

The weaker the signal, the more likely the target id will jump around. The target id resolution also matters, the more “target bins”. the more likely it is that the numbers will vary. The consistency of your sweep speed/coil control matters a great deal. This is normal with all detectors. This article may help...

First, welcome to this forum.

I do not know how your coins respond using the Gold Kruzer. On USA coins and jewelry a little target ID number jumping is not unusual. Normally a 5 digit or less change in the target ID number is not a problem. More than a 5 number change could indicate trash targets or other factors. 

Are you using Micro mode for your testing of coins and jewelry. Most good quality jewelry and US coins will naturally have multiple target ID numbers that can jump around a bit like our USA zinc penny which can jump around between 78 to 83 depending on depth.

The Makro Gold Kruzer is a very high gain detector. Default sensitivity is 70. I often set it at 60. So, too much gain can make your target ID numbers unstable. Recently buried targets can also produce very jumpy target ID. Very deep targets will also produce very jumpy target ID numbers along with soil moisture levels and mineralization. Ground balancing your Gold Kruzer can also help some. Having a 100 segment target ID scale can make target ID seem to be a bit jumpy.

I just happened to use my Gold Kruzer this morning for some tree bark playground hunting. What a nice detector and yes, no problem finding up to 6" deep coins and some micro jewelry too!

So, you might do just as well to memorize target number responses and tones just by air testing out doors.

Good Luck,

Jeff

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 12:26 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I really like my Gold Kruzer. It really has not got the attention it deserves. Just way too many good gold VLF nugget detectors came out the last couple years so people are kind of drowning in the options.

Hey Steve, the Gold Kruzer is doing pretty well down under. In the last 6 months, it is my biggest selling VLF gold beeper by far. In second place would be an equal split between the AU Gold Finder, Gold Monster and Gold Racer. Everyone who has bought one has been impressed with it. And warranty claims are virtually non-existent. I've put a gold middle shaft on mine, off the AU Gold, I think it looks better 😉 First time out with the gold shaft on, I pinged a 0.06 gram in amongst a bunch of partially filled detector holes, so it's staying on. 

I got off the phone to a customer just before posting this, who pinged a 2.2 gram bit with his Impact and the stock coil, so you are right, there are many good capable options these days.

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
On 10/28/2018 at 2:51 AM, PhaseTech said:

I hadn't seen an overview type video on the Gold Kruzer, at least not in English, so decided to do one. 

It's just a bit of a run through of the machine and a run across some ground and a few targets. Hopefully of interest to anyone wanting to know a little more about it. 

Good video. Have you ever tried the gk40 coil?