New Member From South Dakota

graz1

On 10/28/2018 at 2:26 PM, graz1 said:

New Member of the Nox 800 users.  So Far, So Good, the Forum looks Friendly.  New Machine Should Show Up This Week and Maybe I'll Have Time try it Out Before the Snow Flies here in SD.

Good to see a fellow SD here I have had the 600 since April. Lots of good information here.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Hard to beat the Equinox as a all around detector. The main issue I am seeing is people think it is entry level due to the price but it is pure high performance. That means people tend to overdrive the settings when they really need to learn how to walk before running. I have been using mine longer than anyone and I am still getting better with it. It is a very simple machine to start with (the presets are great) but then it has lots of depth for tweaking to individual situations. 

The machine arrived yesterday and I assembled it last evening.  Read through the instructions at least twice and used some Youtube ideas for startup.  Only concern was the GL80 headphone and WM08 module pairing.  Turned out it was a lot simpler than the instructions would have you believe...Engineers write these books, not users.  I'm ready to get out tomorrow IF we don't get the rain/snow mix that is forecast.  I put a Minelab 6" coil on this 800 and plan on going back to all the junk sites that we hunted in the '70's and '80's.  

• Like 2