White’s What Have You Got For 2019

White’s this year is coming to a end sooner than soon! I seen your early bundles you have for people on are before Christmas. They all some great deals that covers the total spectrum of detecting but I for one want more.

What I’m wanting you don’t have yet . I wanting what others have now in a multi frequency and yet pick a single one if I do desire.

I been with White’s over 50 years and at 77 I know I don’t have another 50 . I don’t want somebody blowing smoke up my south end . I do have some years before I kick the can and I want to take it with me . I’ve ask my wife to put it in the coffin with me . One just don’t know where he’ll be when he gets to the other side .

So much for the bull !

Tom Boykin just tell it like it is and if it’s not too be just say so.

Chuck

An updated V3i would set the detecting world on fire IMO.  

I'm not sure they have the talent left though.  Apparently the four engineers that developed it are no longer working there, Carl is no longer working there, and the V3i was a pretty complex product, from both an engineering perspective as well as a user perspective. 

IMO it was way ahead of it's time, a modernized, lighter weight, waterproof, updated version would be a sight to behold!  A buddy of mine mastered that machine and was always showing me the graphs to tell aluminum pull-tabs and other trash from coins and rings.  It was as deep as the Etrac with more advanced capabilities, but also with a much steeper learning curve.  

Let's see what they come up with!

• Like 3

The V3i is a great detector but if you could compress it like cell phones have over time would bring it up where it should be now.

The technology is out there but a company has to have a electronics engineer that can bring it to life .

I may be asking too much of a company that are doing the best they can with what they got.

Chuck 

Whites has some killer technology Carl M left them when he  went to Fisher. I hope to see that technology for sale one of these days soon. They have had the patents quite a few yrs, and I think there are machines in prototype for about 3 yrs now in testing.

If we all look back over the last year so many great things have come out of detector companies. Oh yes some more than others but we have some sleepers that will raise their heads in 2019 .

i think when some of the sleepers do come alive in 2019 what’s hot now will become what we call everyday.

This is like you’re first car phone in it hurt your back to lift it but now you can hold it in one hand .

Who knows maybe the detector companies need to get in contact with Apple being they have done a great job on the iPhone .

My thinking for 2019 will be a wild ride but one we’ll enjoy.

Chuck 

White's has done pretty well lately with new product roll outs.  The MX7 and Goldmaster 24K are both solid designs.  So it's not as if they've been resting on their laurels lately.

Yes, Cal Cobra, I too would love to see an updated V3i.  I have the utmost respect for the engineers at White's that designed that detector.  Sure, it was complicated, but that made it all the better to experiment and learn how detectors operate.  

I've been asking White's for years for a few simple improvements, like better ground balance, faster disc audio, and three frequency pinpoint while in one frequency search, but at this point, I'd settle for one single improvement::  the latest upgraded fastest processor with the software code optimized for efficiency.  That alone would take care of a lot of the audio issues, I would think, and it could be done as factory upgrade for existing owners to send theirs in to have it done.  That would show that White's is taking care of it's top end customers by giving them a better product for not a lot of $$.  Better still, new V3i's could start rolling with the upgraded processor (V3i Pro?) without much new development cost.  

Sure, there could be many other small improvements made to the V3i, but the development costs would start adding up quickly with each change.  With an upgraded processor and software code, development costs could be kept to a minimum since everything else would stay the same.  The processor power is the heart of the detector and the single piece of technology that has advanced the fastest since the V3i's release in 2009, so White's would get the most bang for the buck with this one upgrade.  It would breathe some life back into the V3i and prolong its market longevity a little while longer while they work on the V4i.  I'm just trying to think like a detector hobbyist *and* a corporate bean counter, which is the reality.  Oh, and I for one really like the old metal box design.  It's super tough, has a nice high-quality industrial design aesthetic, and happens to balance very well.

So for 2019 I'm hoping White's gives us a V3i Pro with a new processor and tweaked software code.

• Like 3

I don’t know why but everything I tell about is years ago.

A dealer friend when ask by a customer how well made is a White’s detector. This nut would throw his detector across the yard. His yard was grass and he’d pick it up and turn it back on . He said one day that may backfire on him .

We all know that White’s detectors did come in a metal box but we also know you can’t keep doing that if you want the weight down .

I have people ask how much did that detector cost and they like to have dirty their pants when I tell them.

I ask you just how much are you willing to pay to get what you want in a detector?

I know all of us old farts want less weight but at the same time White’s may be asking if they can reach a balance point. 

The balance point is less weight technology cost and how much the cost for all of this. The major thing is the customer going to pay it.

White’s I can only speak for myself and I’m willing to put my money down for it. I’ve paid over three thousand more than one time for a gold detector so yes I’m willing.

I’ve joke before I wanted a detector I could read the date before I dug it . I withdraw that wish but please give me everything that came out in 2018 and more if possible.

Chuck 

Praying Whites to give us our best innovated detector ...Spectra V4,Spectra V5...

oktober 9 iphone 5S 2018 038_DxO.jpg

• Like 1