Musta Been Sum-tin

1515Art

Art,  good shooting for them elusive nuggets!  I zoomed into the nice red rock and didn’t see any liquid silver spots, might have to run it over a few times to get it to show, lol.  Glad your still on the hunt!

Rick

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

Art,  good shooting for them elusive nuggets!  I zoomed into the nice red rock and didn’t see any liquid silver spots, might have to run it over a few times to get it to show, lol.  Glad your still on the hunt!

Rick

Believe me, I spent a great amount of my time thinking to myself “where would Rick go?” instead I went to everyplace Rick has been, lol. Sunday was real windy and the place I finally scored my little trophies had the hottest rocks in town, all black and sparkles inside to use the technical terms I think? Anyway it was tough and I’m sure a couple awaite if I can crack the code and hit on the right conditions and right settings.

as far as the rock stuff and I’m very much the beginner, struggling to make any connection to the geology as it relates to my quest, cinnabar I think (complete idiots guess) based on the color and pictures although I didn’t find any free mercury my friend google says you do and you don’t, so I collect rocks to bring home cause if I was finding gold I’d have better things to do, don’t I wish (insert wishful smiley face here). Here’s two other small not gold (sad) rocks the shinny one actually looks more like a jasper?

3854D9FF-2567-4CBD-83B5-83A60C3A0B93.jpeg

48AD5FF6-B543-4D0F-BA3B-99A473FFA5EE.jpeg

Art, what part of the country where ya hunting?  Don’t tell me you where in Rye Patch and I was out there too!  Cause, I came home last night because of the wind...I didn’t see your cool Jeep, but my eye where full of dust!

Rick

• Like 1

Rick, I was out at rye patch only on Friday and hunted the usual haunts, I didn’t want to accidentally get off into someone’s claim, so the pickings were slim. I was just going really slow and careful, been watching ol two toes grid on his desert spot watching his tube channel an tried as best to slow myself down and really search, trouble is I’ve the attention span of a chimp on a free roll at “toys-r-us,” no disrespect to chimpanzee intended. I did manage to find some really small old deep trash and I’m sure something I wanted was probably near...just should have followed the other foot I guess? 

My desert rock has now transformed into a Scholars Stone, all I need to do now is sell it to pay for my next trip out?

814E43FE-17BA-4B61-81E1-651C68A05F33.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Art,

Thats a great spot for that rock!  Drop me a PM, if you head back and I’ll see if it’s on my schedule...looks like you had some luck, but I know it’s a long haul for you...only a couple hundred miles from my home and I hate driving past gold to find gold, lol

Rick

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Art,

Thats a great spot for that rock!  Drop me a PM, if you head back and I’ll see if it’s on my schedule...looks like you had some luck, but I know it’s a long haul for you...only a couple hundred miles from my home and I hate driving past gold to find gold, lol

Rick

Rick, will do and thank you for offering I’d love to hook up for a little hunt next time out.