Feel Like Selling My Machine....

Kiwi,  You stated the sdc is no advantage in mild soil, so I'm comparing that's like saying that the 7000 is of no advantage in mild soil. Obviously it is. The fact is both 7 and 2300 work exceptional in mild soil and the milder the ground the deeper they seem to shoot down.    Ive been over many patches I worked with the Saddie/gpx5000 combo and it was amazing how much  was left that the gpx didnt see for whatever reasons.  I imagine one reason has to do with an accelerated receive timing on the sdc  which  picks up the  fast decay eddy current targets. It seems a lot of gold has this characteristic, otherwise the 7000 wouldn't be pulling the gold either, as we generally dont dig any  deeper or bigger than the previous gpx's did. Its primarily that small or low conductive gold we get now. 

I'd spend a little more time on the sdc.  You might take a liking to it, once you get over some more color. I had a friend here complain and moan about his sdc for months, but then he started to get the feel for it and had nothing but compliments from then on.

Thanks Kiwi,  catch you later

Why do a lot of people say the SDC is great at tiny gold but rarely talk about it's obvious ability to get bigger nuggets too? Yes I understand the small coil limits its depth compared to my 18" NF but still, Ive seen pics of SDC's finding 1/2oz pieces down a ways. Sometimes it sounds like if you use an SDC you are only looking at 1g or less, if anything.

1 hour ago, nighthunter said:

Why do a lot of people say the SDC is great at tiny gold but rarely talk about it's obvious ability to get bigger nuggets too? Yes I understand the small coil limits its depth compared to my 18" NF but still, Ive seen pics of SDC's finding 1/2oz pieces down a ways. Sometimes it sounds like if you use an SDC you are only looking at 1g or less, if anything.

Now I`m really confused.   You`ve gone from not being able to find a piece of gold to saying the 2300 is a good detector for finding half ouncers at depth.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:42 PM, Andyy said:

Interesting.  I actually think beginners are better starting off with the SDC, for the sole reason that there is much more small gold out there and I have seen many times a buddy out perform my gpx 5000 in spots I have pounded.  After the SDC teaches the technique and locations to a newbie, then I would move them to the GPX's.  But that is just my opinion.

That's exactly why I just acquired an SDC 2300.  (BTW, highly recommend Gerry of Idaho as a great guy to contact for a deal on an almost-new gold machine--he has them all: SDC, GPX, GPZ, Nox, etc. http://gerrysdetectors.com/

I'm branching out from chasing silver coins to include some nugget hunting.  If between my Equinox and SDC (VLF for where the ground is mild enough, PI for where it is mineralized), I can find a few small bits of gold, I'll be happy for now, and later can think about a GPX or GPZ.  I figured that if I started out with a GPX, I'd probably get discouraged and quit before I found anything :)

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, Dubious said:

That's exactly why I just acquired an SDC 2300.  (BTW, highly recommend Gerry of Idaho as a great guy to contact for a deal on an almost-new gold machine--he has them all: SDC, GPX, GPZ, Nox, etc. http://gerrysdetectors.com/

I'm branching out from chasing silver coins to include some nugget hunting.  If between my Equinox and SDC (VLF for where the ground is mild enough, PI for where it is mineralized), I can find a few small bits of gold, I'll be happy for now, and later can think about a GPX or GPZ.  I figured that if I started out with a GPX, I'd probably get discouraged and quit before I found anything :)

I'll give you the key that my buddy told me on the SDC (even though I don't use one).  Listen to the squeaks.  Don't dismiss them.  I am sure Gerry already showed you the best way to set it up. 

Me personally, if I could have just two machines, it would be the GPZ and SDC.  (I already have the GPZ and could only afford a GM1000 as a semi-replacement for the SDC)

Good luck out there!! 

Andyy

• Like 2

GPZ and the SDC compliment each other for sure, but since the GPZs latest software upgrade I`ve found I can now run in normal, sens max, rather then difficult before the upgrade on a lot of my ground, this leaves sweet bugger all for the SDC. Which is a remarkable when you compare the Z `s 14" coil to the SDC`s 8" coil. The Monster is really not in the same league in my ground, it does get pieces on the bony ground but if there is any depth both the SDC & the GPZ win. But considering the difference in cost, the Monster is no slouch, plus it makes a great pinpointer when used retrieving deep targets the 19" Zs coil finds.

For me these 3 detectors travel together. Tis true with the SDC you must listen for those squeaks, as with detectors in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1