Marko89

Metal Detector Advice Needed

Greetings all,

I am new to this forum, and my friend is looking to buy a metal detector, however he could definitely use some advice regarding what he should go for.

He is thinking about OKM fusion metal detector and 3D ground scanner. I checked the site related to that product ( https://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/en/gold-detectors/metal-detector-okm-fusion/ )
However it feels kinda fishy and expensive for what it is... Therefore, my question is, what is your opinion on that product and if you have other alternatives please do share.

Thank you all, much appreciated!

21 hours ago, Marko89 said:

Greetings all,

I am new to this forum, and my friend is looking to buy a metal detector, however he could definitely use some advice regarding what he should go for.

He is thinking about OKM fusion metal detector and 3D ground scanner. I checked the site related to that product.
However it feels kinda fishy and expensive for what it is... Therefore, my question is, what is your opinion on that product and if you have other alternatives please do share.

My opinion is "Don't waste your money!"

read through Steve's detector list and the various posts for what he wants to hunt...plenty of truth and very little BS...

fred

• Like 2

Ditto.  Scanning detector systems like the OKM are interesting but are not really for coin, relic, or gold nugget detecting.  You didn't mention what kind of detecting your friend wants to do, but the OKM (even if it works) is essentially for finding very large objects and cavities, and provides poor definition even with large objects--look at the scans their testing company did of those buried metal cases. https://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/en/okm-treasure-hunting-blog/metal-detector-field-test/.  

If it's gold you're chasing Steve's list will point you in the right direction

Any detector that makes that list will find gold, just comes down to matching the detector to the area you're hunting in for best results.  If you're after relics/coins/jewelry then I'm sure people have a lot of good recommendations for you but I'm happy with my Equinox 800 for that.  Be sure to ask more questions before deciding on a detector, plenty of helpful people here with the knowledge you need.

21 hours ago, Marko89 said:

Greetings all,

He is thinking about OKM fusion metal detector and 3D ground scanner. I checked the site related to that product.

Without knowing what your friends exact needs are and his level of expertise are it is impossible to offer any real advice. However, OKM sells long range locators, which in my opinion at least are a complete scam. I personally avoid any company that promotes or sells these devices. Geotech Long Range Locator Page

On 10/30/2018 at 8:06 AM, Marko89 said:

Greetings all,

He is thinking about OKM fusion metal detector and 3D ground scanner. I checked the site related to that product ( https://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/en/gold-detectors/metal-detector-okm-fusion/ )

Look here.  Good info.

On 10/31/2018 at 7:51 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Without knowing what your friends exact needs are and his level of expertise are it is impossible to offer any real advice. However, OKM sells long range locators, which in my opinion at least are a complete scam. I personally avoid any company that promotes or sells these devices. Geotech Long Range Locator Page

Do you have any relevant advise to someone in central Australia?

(admittedly I am well to the left of beingnovice , and I do not know if rocks here are hot or not... so trying to link with some locals...  but appreciate any insights you may offer)

Someone in central Australia doing what? Looking for lost treasure? Prospecting for gold nuggets? If it is information on gold nugget detectors you seek, here is a good starting point....

fisher-makro-minelab-garrett-whites-gold

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Someone in central Australia doing what? Looking for lost treasure? Prospecting for gold nuggets? If it is information on gold nugget detectors you seek, here is a good starting point....

fisher-makro-minelab-garrett-whites-gold

Thanks - I have been through most of those reviews.

i guess I will need to find some local that will let me know whether there are "hot rocks", or other things here that would sway the choice of machine for gold detecting.