Cal_Cobra

Bucket Lister Relic Hunt With The Equinox

cool stuff.

• Like 1

Congratulations on a great hunt Brian - proof you do not have to fly to England to make great relic finds!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Congratulations on a great hunt Brian - proof you do not have to fly to England to make great relic finds!

Thanks Steve, and true, but for that ancient gold you sure do!  Enjoyed reading about your England adventures,  I get excited digging the oldest stuff we can find in California and Nevada, and you're blowing us out by a couple thousand years LOL

• Haha 1

Some nice finds no doubt.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Fantastic recoveries Brian.  Certainly a hot site as those finds are quite rare and I love the two piece types.  Also, the token is quite interesting and I always enjoy seeing those part powder flasks.  Keep it up.

• Like 1

Thanks Gerry! 

We've barely scratched the surface of this site, it should keep us busy for a few years 🙂 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      Finds from the cabins..

• By Gerry in Idaho
      Lunk and I were in Nevada last week training customers on their gold machines and when the class was over, I invited him to an old site I like to swing by...before heading home.
      This Buick plate is really cool and I still can't believe he did not hit it with his shovel.
      If anyone knows the history or or the approx date of the plate, please let me know.  The porcelain one I dug a few years ago has the exact same script design, but I think Lunk's is older?  Please share you knowledge of these finds with your friends, car nuts and or clubs to help us.
      If you have found anything like it, please post pics as I enjoy seeing old brass plates.
      BTW,  Lunk is so cool he handed the plate to me and said "Thanks for the invite".

• By calabash digger
      Got a invite to hunt a site with some rough ground (for my area) and the Nox did great!

• By Cal_Cobra
      Tom and I were able to get out and check out a remote site that we researched in the spring.  A site that predates the gold rush by at least 20 years, and had nothing to do with the Spanish, but apparently it was used for a while.  There weren't a ton of targets there, but everything you dug was old, not a single pull-tab, no clad, interestingly no bullets or shell casings either nothing newer than the 1850's.  
      The first bucket lister was a cast tongue and grove eagle buckle!  I dug the male part, and five feet away I dug the female part.  Somehow, I lost the female part 😞 The female buckle shown above it in the group shot is smaller, and was broken in two parts, and dug in two digs, but they fit together perfectly so they must go together. Also dug a broken tongue, so must be another eagle to match it out there, and below that is a thin female buckle part that's all mangled up.  

My second bucket lister was a decorative powder flask (one side only), also shown is a pewter spoon (pretty rare to find these in California):

Is the piece next to it a sword or knife scabbard?  Here's a close up of both sides next to a wheat penny:

This early Eagle on an Anchor Navy button was all crudded up, but I could see a glint of gold gilt left, so I used lemon juice to clean it, and am very happy with the results!

Is this a sword hilt?  🤔 Cleaned up nicely with lemon juice (tu)

Little sash buckle kind of decorative item:

Found this token, it's a large size, thought it was a large cent when first dug, but it turns out to be considered the first token issued in California!

http://tokencatalog.com/token_record_forms.php?action=DisplayTokenRecord&td_id=8515&inventory_id=8752&td_image_id=33494&attribution_id=8321&record_offset=2
      Some misc finds.  There were a ton of tools dug at this site, axe heads, chisels, and other misc tools.  I dug a bunch of lead and other small scrap/junk conductors not shown.

HH,
      Cal