Indicators

normmcq

Norm,

That's a nice collection of "indicators".  Your collection mirrors my 'finds" during the many visits to the foothills of Rye Patch, including the gold. 

Optically clear, fully terminated quartz crystals, plus the Iron Pyrite (AKA Fool's Gold) in their cubic form of, are both prevalent minerals to be found in gold baring areas.  They are just some of the indicators in new areas, much as Norm has indicated.

Happy hunting out there!

I found that nice specimen on a hillside that quite a bit of nice gold was found on. I was on a club claim and it had seen numerous detectors. After the first two summers the claim didn't give up much gold. Then the GPZ 7000 came out and I was right back to that claim. The area was covered with snow and was only able to hunt a small bit of it, but I did manage that specimen, It was the first of many nice pieces that were found with the ZED by many users.

For more pictures of some of the gold from that hillside go to  ICMJ'S Prospecting and Mining Journal Volume 83                 Number 1 September 2013 page 60 and 61

Norm

• Like 4