Batteries And The TDI SL

Cool, well done, did you put higher amh batteries in ?? because that is how you get the longer run time, I have just found a place over here that sells the 2900s for $10.00 for 4 yahooooo

when you have charged it as soon as it is finished charging check the voltage with a multi meter and tell us what it reads Ok ,, Thanks Chuck.

John

I'd checked a electronics store yesterday but they didn't have the batteries that you had talk about. I'm going tomorrow to a store that sales only batteries and they should . I'll post the outcome after a full charge.

Chuck Anders

Good, I'm pleased it's all coming together for you, even the 2650 will give you 6 hours 40 minutes +/- a couple of minutes so anything above them will be a Bonus and that extra battery will give it the power,

I did a back to back test with the TDI Pro with A Mate and everything the pro saw My SL could find and on some targets the TDI SL was deeper BUT ONLY because of the smooth threshold made it easier to hear the rise in threshold that told me a target was there and I tested targets down to 1.6 Grains or 0.004 ozt or 0.10 grams which is bordering in to VLF territory, Baring in mind we ran both machines with the gain set flat out and when we backed them down to about 8 to 8.5 they were the same also which is what I was hoping the Mod would do,

The Main issue's with this battery mod that I think is important to all TDI SL User's is the Higher Voltage boosts power and Sensitivity along with almost Doubling the Run Time, BUT The Most Important thing is Maintaining Reliability of the Original Battery Pack, because we MUST HAVE a good dependable system when we are 2 or 300 miles or more out in the Bush,

Anyways Chuck Buy the biggest batteries they have and let us know how you get on, BUT don't be surprized if the bigger batteries add an extra hour or so to the charge time, Ok

Good Luck Mate,

John

John

I have yet to find any 2900 mah batteries. I'm talking from any local store but I can get them on line. One local store had some that were 2850 mah but at three times the price. You may know that they do make a 3000 mah aa battery. 

I'll get back with you after I get them in and charged up

Take care.

Chuck

G'day everyone, Well I put those 2900 batteries on charge for 24 hours (using a Stop Watch) and I think they are Re Badged 2500s or 2600s because they Lasted for about 6 hours 10 minutes so I have Changed the Power Supply to A Car Cigarette Lighter Type into A 1 AMP Wall Wart and I am going to charge them again, Hopefully I am Wrong about them being Rebadged 2500s etc But I will try test again Tomorrow, Ok

Sorry about that, But DO NOT Buy any Batteries with the EXTREME BRANDED LOGO until I have finished doing the test on these Batteries Ok,

Sorry Guys,,, John

John

Don't feel bad I've found so many people say don't buy. Now if I can get some with a run time of six hours then that equals my run time.Haha I'm going to check with Harbor freight to see what their recharge AA batteries are. They are cheap and reviews not bad. Don't cost much to try them.

Better luck to you today than yesterday.

Chuck

Well I have Changed the Power Supply and during charging they were reading 11.897 MAX and 11.889 volts minimum, when I took them off charge they Read 11.61 volts which is Higher than Yesterday @ 11.3volts, So Hopefully we Have A Winner This Time.

So Far they have been running the Machine for 12 Minutes,lol so I will report Back in A Few Hours, Ok

Good Luck,, John

Well it was Just as I thought those So called 2900s are in fact 2500s because I got 6 house and 11 minutes because the 2650s and the 2700 give you 6 hours 38 minutes so I need to make a phone call to them tomorrow and buy Another Batch from somewhere, so far I have 44 AAs, Nearly enough for an Electric Truck, Shame Aye??

John

• Like 1

John

What you have been told and read is not always true. I look yesterday on line and with the stock number I went to the store. On line it showed the batteries were 2650 mah but at the store they were 2400 mah. I have some others on charge now.

I do believe the only way to get higher voltage is use regular batteries of a good quality. The down side is they don't have much of a run time. The last time out I'd had some batteries that read 1.6 volts but the run time was very short. I was spending more money on batteries than finding gold. I guess so what else is new. Two steps forward and one back but on we go.HaHa

Chuck