25 Inch Coil Zed 7000

idahogold

On 11/27/2018 at 11:48 AM, phrunt said:

I'd like to see inside the GPZ coils

Here you go Simon. The big centre copper wire is the transmit winding and the 2 smaller outer coils are the recieve windings.   Dave

minelab-gpz14-coil-internal-photo.jpg
Minelab GPZ14 "Super D" coil for GPZ 7000 internal configuration

post-1-0-05407900-1424317404.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave

In your previous videos the coil cords where inside the shaft. In the new videos the cord appears to be spliced and outside the shaft. Can you describe the connections; especially on the stock GPZ14 coil?  Do you think the temporary connections have any effect on performance?

I like the test results with the 22” x 21” coil.  Here in the US I run the GPZ19 in High Yield, Normal much of the time. It would be great to see the lighter weight 22” x 21” coil performance compared with the GPZ19 if you can fit that into some future testing?  I do understand that High Yield, Normal timings may be noisy in your ground.

Have a good day,
Chet

If they can ever squeeze all that GPZ wire into a super D the size of the Sadie 8x6 coil, the SDC would likely be replaced, at least for those users with a GPZ.  10x9 is getting there, but will still need to be smaller.   A 10x9 is not going to get into that many more places than the std 14" coil.  It is likely the small coil will need to go more elliptical to be of use.  My guess is that Minelab does not want to take business away from the SDC and Gold Monster and is why they have not jumped on the smaller coils.  But that is just speculation on my part.

• Like 1

Hi Dave

Thank you for clearing up my confusion on the cables. The reduction in weight and having a selection of different coils for different hunting situations will be a big gain if these coils are stable and get on the market.

Have a good day,
Chet

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

If they can ever squeeze all that GPZ wire into a super D the size of the Sadie 8x6 coil, the SDC would likely be replaced, at least for those users with a GPZ.  10x9 is getting there, but will still need to be smaller.   A 10x9 is not going to get into that many more places than the std 14" coil.  It is likely the small coil will need to go more elliptical to be of use.  My guess is that Minelab does not want to take business away from the SDC and Gold Monster and is why they have not jumped on the smaller coils.  But that is just speculation on my part.

Andyy, I would love to see this too however I have been told (not by Minelab) that it would be really really hard to do.  One of the reasons being that there is over a mile of copper wire in these coils.  The smaller coil just would not have the space.

But man if the could........Good bye SDC for me LOL

• Like 1

• 3 months later...