What Detector Did You Buy In 2018 And Why?

I myself didn’t buy but just one detector and that was a Equinox 800 . 

I found it to be a great detector for coin hunting and that’s the reason I bought it . The first thing I done was print the owners manual full size for easy reading. I never found the Nox a problem to run . If you had the instruction manual and you could read plus understand you were good to go .

The only trouble I did have was with the on and off switch. I’d had it having to wait on the 6” coil so I sold it . I told the guy about the switch when I sold it . He used it for a while but called Minelab and they fixed it . I guess it was in trouble from day one .

Right now I’m just going to sit back and see what 2019 has to offer.

Chuck 

PS Everyone who post here puts their name in for a hard cover book on Rocks and Minerals. I will ship free to anyone on this earth. You can post as much as you want but your name only goes in one time for the drawing This will end on November 16 at 6 PM CST

7161BB64-AFC0-4AC6-AD16-9F2E5F9116BD.jpeg

• Like 3

For me in 2018, the Explorer II and Equinox 600. 

The Etrac was my main machine at the time, used exclusively for coin hunting, and I'd always wanted to try the the Explorer II, a predecessor which some say goes a bit deeper with its stock coil and has better tones.  So, when the opportunity arose to buy one in excellent condition, I jumped on it.  I like having the Explorer II in my collection, but prefer the Etrac.

I'd been reading about the soon-to-come Equinox for some time, and wanted to try it, as it seemed to represent the latest wrinkle in Minelab's multi-frequency technology.  Supplies were almost non-existence at first, but I came across a place that had the Equinox 600.  Later, I also bought the 6" coil.  I am thinking of "upgrading" to an 800 for the gold modes, and that may be my next purchase.

• Like 1

Bought a Goldmonster and a GPX 5000.....

Sold the 5000 and keeping the Monster.  No fault pointed at the 5000 and I could see the potential but I got very spoiled using the Monster with it's simplicity, lightweight, discrimination, loud speaker (no headphone cords), etc.  5000 was (imo) a boat anchor, lousy disc, too many cords, and I was always getting hung up in the brush and having to readjust bungee going uphill or down.  I also spent a full hr once digging 2 targets (deep)….so that was it for this old tired lazy boy.....lol

• Like 3

Does the Minelab Pro-Find 35 pinpointer count?

Bought it to complement the Gold Monster I bought last year to speed up target recovery. Overall does a great job but tends to flip out at max power and keep beeping away until lowering the power or restarting it.

• Like 2

I bought a GM 24K and a Falcon MD-20. Bought the 24K because of it's advantages over the GMT. I prefer White's detectors because they work, feel good in my hands, and their customer service. The Falcon MD-20 I bought because I wanted a detector that could see extremely small metals. Neither of my purchases has disappointed me. I'm in the process of building a slightly larger coil for the Falcon.

Jim

• Like 4

Just the Equinox 800 for me. Already had the GPX 5000. The Equinox did not disappoint me. I'm looking forward to any new technology that can give me more depth on a beach. The Equinox has been hitting the nickels pretty deep lately.

• Like 1

Right now i have a older gmt -5000 and a gm1000-I dont coin hunt like I use to but the 800 looks to be a good all around beeper-maybe down the road but for now I have the bases covered and Im still waiting to see what Fisher has up their sleeve-come on Fisher ? Mike C...:ph34r:

• Like 1