7 Hunts With My 7000 and I've Zed Enough on Ozzie Forums

:)  :) :)  :)  :)  :)   

ad...

For me half the battle in prospecting or metal detecting in general is maintaining a realistic but optimistic attitude. You have to believe the gold is out there, you have to believe in your equipment, and you have to believe in your own ability to use that equipment to go find that gold.

I partner up with very few people, but when I do, they have to be upbeat people with a good attitude. Positive energy and good attitude feeds on itself. It is hard enough being out there at times without having to listen to somebody complain or just be generally negative. I stay as far from negative people as possible. I am not talking about being critical, mind you, which is a different thing.

So yes, aussiedigger, you are most welcome here. The whole idea with this forum was to create a place for the "can do" people who do not let obstacles get in their way or let things get them down for long. And a place where anyone can get help with any equipment they can afford. I know the GPZ is the flavor of the moment but folks with a $500 Gold Bug are every bit as welcome if not more so.

Thanks, and a great handful of gold you have there! Go find some more!!

Mate every single word you say I completely agree with.

I have been a beachie for 15 odd years and night hunt alone which enables me to really get my head into the Zone if you know what I mean.

Being new to Gold  ( since September 2014 ) and wanting to learn as much as possible I had to team up with several AU guys. To learn the ropes and jeez is there a steep learning curve. Out of a hand full  that I teamed up with everyone seemed to get Gold fever or kind of weird about my luck on picking up Gold detecting and doing well so quick. So I know exactly what you mean about (*  people with a good attitude. Positive energy and good attitude*)

So I have made the decision to hunt alone like on the beach as much as I can it just works win win for me learning this incredible Gold detecting gig.

Might add the one guy who is completely different who flew up from South Australia for a few days especially to GPZ 7000 hunt with me described in the above post is everything good about our hobby and a good mate  ( he lives couple of thousand miles away )  Just happens to be one of your select group for Minelab . Mark Williams better known as Marksman a Treasure Talk team member like yourself for those that don't know.

ad...

I never met Mark but have met many like him. I am sure he is a great guy. Most super enthusiastic detectorists I know are always more than happy to help people out detecting. I love sharing what I know about detecting and helping get new people started at it. The best gig I ever had was running my operation at Moore Creek and seeing people every single week who never found a gold nugget in their life find the first one. We really made some lifetime experiences happen for people, great stuff.

Sounds like you have that same great attitude - you are guaranteed to do well!

Whole different subject but I do love my beach detecting - new thread soon.

• Like 2

"And a place where anyone can get help with any equipment they can afford. I know the GPZ is the flavor of the moment but folks with a $500 Gold Bug are every bit as welcome if not more so."

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that.

Mike

Is there an interpretation program for this forum for those of us who don't speak Australian?

Mate, it would be easier to learn Swahili! :o

Once you learn to speak Australian you can then graduate to "Strine". :blink:

That's what we speak in Straya. ;)

Robert

Been copping too much flak on our Australian forums so I'd rather if Steve does not mind just post on this forum from now on.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

I've now owned my GPZ 7000 30 days with 50 odd grams in the hand.

Works out at 1.6666667 grams per day. A week of that I was just a tad sick ( really sick that is ) with the flu and laryngitis working flogged areas that are not renowned for large nugs.Trying to learn this beast.

I'll take that anytime while I'm still very much a newbie ( 6 months on Gold 15 years as a Beachie ) tongue.gif

Also just yesterday was a most interesting time for me everything from hospital ( cut my arm badly on a broken branch needed stiches which I declined as the Doc said I'd have to have the arm in a sling ) to a complete computer crash with heaps of challenges in-between. :o

Wont bore anyone with too much detail but will say I have been out in the field for a couple of days with two GPZ 7000 with a good mate who just happens to be a Minelab treasure talk tester learning heaps.

Over half an ounce detected using all sorts of settings between us with far to much laughing and drinking in the evening pub mix. >grin<...

After farewells to that hunt the cream on the cake was giving a bit of advise ( and a small nugget ) to a old bloke who was having heaps of trouble stepping up from his GPX 5000 to the ZED. He was so rapped he wandered back about 10 minutes later and literally (* Talk about X marks the spot *) gave me all his maps and pictures where he has pulled a 109 gram and a 89 gram nuggets in the past with many ounces since. Swearing there is plenty more there. So I'm really hopeful on that trip away when I get time and heal up. :)

What a nice guy :)

Ps.... That same old bloke rang me not 3 hours later with the news he and his son had christened his brand new GPZ 7000 with a half grammer his sons first ever. That one call has had me happy all day made my day in fact..

aussie

Hi Digger I see your in Brisbane can I assume you found your nice haul was within 2 or 3 hours from Brisbane sort of west?

Nice work well done hope you get many more..............amother Brissy digger.

Hi Digger I see your in Brisbane can I assume you found your nice haul was within 2 or 3 hours from Brisbane sort of west?

Nice work well done hope you get many more..............amother Brissy digger.

Assume away >grin< lol

ad...

• Like 1