• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Horst
      Dear fellow hunters,
      does anybody have a listing of VDI numbers for small / medium / large Gold coins?
      Unfortunately I don't have any othwise I could run my Nox over them.
      If anybody is able to help me....... I am mostly hunting in Field 1
      Many thanks in advance
      Horst
    • By mn90403
      I know that most here don't go to the beach often to hunt but for those of you who do ... PLEASE FILL YOUR HOLES!
      Today Lu and I went out to one of our local beaches and we saw a guy on the beach I spoke to on Tuesday.  This guy has a hand scoop and he bends and kneels down to dig his targets in the sand.  He makes a very 'sharp' hole without rounded edges and they go down about 6-8 inches in many cases.  If his target is trash he throws it up higher on the beach.  If he likes it I don't know what it is.  When he is done he leaves the hole and finds another target.  I don't know his machine but I can go behind him and find rings and other coins he has missed.
      I went to him on Tuesday and told him to please fill his holes and then left.  He is not one of the guys I can talk with about his finds.  I explained to him that someone stepping in his holes would injure themselves. (A jogger had just run by because where he was digging was just above the waves.) He was not receptive to my scolding him or trying to reason with him.  We left and hunted another area of the beach. When we returned he had left and we filled his holes (at least 60) as we found his misses.
      Today I went to the same beach and he was already there.  The open holes were everywhere.  I went directly to him without turning on my detector and told him that he was still being dangerous and the lifeguards and city might stop us if someone stepped in his holes.  He was not having any of it.  "I don't have to fill my holes and you go f yourself!"  I told him I had to fill his holes and he said 'GOOD' and I hope you fill more!  I asked him if he thought his holes were safe for someone old (like me) or someone who could not see or someone jogging and he said "The beach is a dangerous place ... those people should not be here!"
      What great logic.  Someone fighting for their right to be dangerous and stupid.
      He makes a hole.  He is the logical one to fill it and be courteous to others and help prevent injury.  The tide will not fill it for 3 hours or more.  The only possible benefit for him in not filling a hole is that he would save time between finds.  In the meantime everyone who comes by his patch has to avoid his diggings because he is selfish.
      We had a number of other choice words with each other before I left the beach.  (This was before the lifeguards had arrived or I would have gone to one of them who knows me and knows I fill my holes and given him an idea of what I was trying to do.)  I want to Police Ourselves before someone else passes an ordinance requiring a permit or posting a sign making detecting off limits.
      We did just fine at another beach about a mile away so that is not the point.  Safety is the point. (Sometimes in the desert also.)
      Please think a little bit about others and FILL YOUR HOLES.
      Mitchel
      P.S.  I'm going to post this on a couple of forums to get the word out.
    • By Fletch
      Tesoro Sand Shark or Gartett Sea Hunter Mark 2. Please help ;!!
    • By phrunt
      My new T2 arrived this week so I decided I'd take it out for a test run today, I haven't bothered detecting football fields before, it never really crossed my mind to do so especially small town football fields that barely ever get used.  I think the last time I even saw people on this thing was about a year ago and they were riding a horse 🙂
      I guess back in time it was probably a popular place and my results today show this.  This is going to be more of a picture story as the pictures tell 1000 words! 
      I started using the T2 with Mars Tiger coil and within two minutes of arriving I had my first coin, then another, then another..... it was nuts, coins everywhere and very little junk, I was finding nice old coins, possibly one of my oldest in a while too

Silver 🙂

1938 British Penny

The T2 was getting good depth, easily hitting on coins with good ID's, another silver!

1948 Penny -  Now NZ currency, not British like the older Pennies, we used some British currency until 1967. 
      Prior to 1933 United Kingdom currency was the official legal tender of New Zealand, although Australian coins and notes were also generally accepted.
      The first New Zealand penny was minted in 1940. The penny ran until 1965, when New Zealand stopped minting pre-decimal coins in preparation for decimilisation in 1967.

I have no idea what this thing is

This is the football field I was detecting, under the goal posts and along the end of the field had a good collection of coins,  I guess from all the diving with the ball and coins in the players pockets, I don't know much about football, probably the only NZ male who has no clue about the game 🙂

My oldest find of the day, a British 1912 One Penny

It was quite deep down but the T2 banged on it real hard with a solid ID.  At this point I decided I'd go home and gear up better as this place obviously has a lot of good old coins.  I was only using my T2 with Carrot and Lesche digging tool which was hard work with all the coins being so deep.    I wanted a bigger coil to cover more ground but there was no way I was going to strap on the 15" Teknetics coil to continue using the T2 as it weighs a tonne.  I opted for the Equinox with it's 15" coil  and almost straight away after turning it on, another coin

1950 NZ One Penny.  I left the bit of dirt on the coil up the top it came out of, I love when you get the impression of the coin in the soil.

Another silver, 1934 Shilling

This is the hole it came from, I always recheck my holes and I'm glad I did, another target in the hole, then another... this was crazy

3 Silvers in the hole so far, 1934 Shilling, 1934 Shilling and a 1946 Sixpence, I was sure this was it but I did another check and off to the side of the hole, ANOTHER SILVER

Another 1934 Shilling, 4 silvers in one hole, incredible!   Someone had a bad day.

1964 Sixpence... the coins just kept coming, all old ones.  No longer are they made of silver in 1964...

Nice and deep though
      +++++
      My first modern coin, a $2

But look how deep it was, it was deeper than a lot of far older coins.... weird!

Another two in one hole, just one cent coins from back when NZ had one cent coins.

Another coin leaving a cool impression of itself in the soil, just a one cent I think

It sure a lot of ground to cover, I'll be at this place for weeks... plenty more coins to find I'm sure.  Time to head back to the car, with my coil to the soil.

Another for the road 🙂 Double sided impression on the soil with this one.  I couldn't possibly put up a photo of every coin find as there were just too many, all in about 3 hours detecting.

The good stuff

The bad stuff... not a bad ratio, good stuff far outweighed bad stuff, unusual for me.... I'll be back there tomorrow.... and the next day.... and the next day 🙂

• By Flowdog
      At last, I am meeting an old friend for our first detecting session together. We bought our Equinoxs last March and I have used mine a lot. He hasn't used his very much. It just dawned on me that I don't know how to adjust our machines to reduce/eliminate interference with each other. The manual says to keep about 45 feet apart. That is my recollection, but I will check that simple factoid against my simple memory. But I am hoping to stay closer if it is possible to adjust settings.
      My instinct would be to go through my normal routine first- before turning on his detector. Recently, I have my pinpointer on before I turn my detector on (thanks Steve). This has nearly eliminated pinpointer jitters in my headphones. I plan to turn both pinpointers on before I set up my unit as usual. Once all is set, then I will have him turn on #2 and.set it up and noise cancel it against the competition. Any and all suggestions to revise my plan are welcome. 
      Last consideration, which is highly improbable, is using WM08 to share audio on a single machine. The one time we shared audio was in the cockpit of his Cessna, and we reverted back to 5th grade behavior at 5000 feet. We barely made it back. I have high confidence that it would be extremely unproductive to be linked to him for any amount of time. He would be in full agreement.
      -curtis
    • By 2Valen
      I finally broke down and got serious about updating my 800, and like most people that has had problems when using Windows 7 I looked for a fix.
      After a short time of confusion about what was going on and not really finding any answers, I turned to YouTube and found the solution.
      Simply put the problem is not the program but the compatibility to Win 7.
      So all one has to do is the following:
      Before running the program,
      Highlight and right click on the program and scroll down to troubleshoot compatibility.
      Click on troubleshoot compatibility and click on Try recommended settings, click next, and then start program.
      That is all you need to do to get it to work.

I hope that this helps someone else out there.