Sign in to follow this  
Ringtail

Garrett Pro-Pointer Battery Life

After 5 trouble free years my original Garret Pro-pointer II (the black one) finally stopped working properly.  I replaced it with an AT Pro-pointer (the orange one). I like it but the battery life is not as good. The factory installed battery was not alkaline so I wasn’t surprised when that died quickly. I replaced it with a fresh alkaline and it died in about a month. 

Has anyone else noticed poor battery life on the AT Pro-Pointer?

Joe

garrett-pro-pointer-ii-pinpointer.jpg
Garrett Pro-Pointer II Pinpointer for Metal Detectors

garrett-pro-pointer-at-pinpointer.jpg
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer for Metal Detectors

I only ever use rechargeable batteries in my gear, I'm still on my first charge the battery in my Pro Pointer AT and I've had it about 6 months but I don't use it that often, it's probably had about 10 days use since I've got it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, maybe I just had a bad battery. I see how this one does. Meanwhile, I’ll always keep spares with me.

Joe

I’m very happy with my Pro Pointer battery life and I run my pointer at full sensitivity at all times. 

Thanks everyone for your responses. It sounds like battery life is fine for everyone else. I think I just had two bad batteries back, I’m thinking the pro-pointer is probably fine. I’ll keep an eye on the battery life just to make sure I didn’t get a bad unit.

Joe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mike Hillis
      I normally run my pin pointers on vibrate only.   At some point in the past 3 months I managed to change my TRX to beep and vibrate.     When I got tired of it I found my instructions to change it back to Vibrate only and low and behold, the current option is the only option it will give me.    When I try to cycle through the target response options it only cycles through the beep and vibrate mode.   Will not cycle through all the options.   I thought it might be low batteries but a battery change out made no difference.
      I've never submerged it so water wouldn't be a issue.   Any ideas?   
      Guess I'll have to cough up some money and send it off to Whites to get fixed.
      Bummed me out, I can tell you.    I had to leave it at home and start using my Tek-Point which I don't like to use for jewelry hunting as it isn't as sensitive as the TRX on the small gold items.
      HH
      Mike 
    • By Andy2640
      Anyone had the problem of their pro-find 35 losing its bleeping audio?  Still got the vibrations and hence some resonance sound, but its as if ive gone deaf, which evidently i haven't.
      Is this serious?

Thanks, Andy.
    • By unearth
      I have a Garrett carrot and I have noticed in some videos that people using them turn them on while touching the turf or sand before using them to find their target. I know why this is done, but is it really necessary? I was wondering how many of you, on this forum, do this?
    • By ☠ Cipher
      Found this item on Amazon. It might be good for dunking sub-IP68 pinpointers, or as an added level of protection to IP68s. I'm going to buy one just for the heck of it. What do you guys think? 
    • By ed 1
      Have seen several reviews of the Jeemak pointer but am not sure about authenticity of the reviewers. Normally if something is this cheap it rings alarm bells. Has anyone got one, are they any good? Would be interested to see if anyone has any experience of them, thanks in advance.
    • By ed 1
      Hi, am looking to purchase a good pinpointer to use with my Equinox 800. Talked to the sales guy at the shop where I purchased the detector and enquired about getting either a Garrett pro or the latest Nokta. The sales guy would only recommend that I get a Minelab pro find 35 as the others would interfere with the detector meaning that I would have to switch it off if I wanted to use the pointer. Has anyone had these sort of problems or was it just a creative salesman ?, any thoughts would be helpful, thanks