Garrett Pro-Pointer Battery Life

After 5 trouble free years my original Garret Pro-pointer II (the black one) finally stopped working properly.  I replaced it with an AT Pro-pointer (the orange one). I like it but the battery life is not as good. The factory installed battery was not alkaline so I wasn’t surprised when that died quickly. I replaced it with a fresh alkaline and it died in about a month. 

Has anyone else noticed poor battery life on the AT Pro-Pointer?

Joe

garrett-pro-pointer-ii-pinpointer.jpg
Garrett Pro-Pointer II Pinpointer for Metal Detectors

garrett-pro-pointer-at-pinpointer.jpg
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer for Metal Detectors

Thanks, maybe I just had a bad battery. I see how this one does. Meanwhile, I’ll always keep spares with me.

Joe

I’m very happy with my Pro Pointer battery life and I run my pointer at full sensitivity at all times. 

Thanks everyone for your responses. It sounds like battery life is fine for everyone else. I think I just had two bad batteries back, I’m thinking the pro-pointer is probably fine. I’ll keep an eye on the battery life just to make sure I didn’t get a bad unit.

Joe

• The title was changed to Garrett Pro-Pointer Battery Life
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind that having your pinpointer go off just a few extra seconds during each use can have a drastic effect on the battery. I doubt I'm going that far out on a limb to suggest that the vibrate feature and beeping are the two biggest battery guzzling features of any decent propointer. I'd spitball that a pinpointer that's on but not detecting anything pulls anywhere from 1/2 to 1/10 of the current of a pinpointer that's beeping and vibrating.

my batteries last months, but I turn the unit off and on as needed. I don't leave it on all the time.