HOLY COWS! I'm speechless

Welcome to the forum by the way! Great to have you here...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

HOLY COWS! I'm speechless

Oh I know the feeling.  I had no words but " I'm freaking, I'm freaking out, I'm freaking." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yup, just incredible, I'm feeling your excitement 🙂

Great photos and story too, thanks for the post.

• Thanks 1

wow. thanks for sharing.😎

• Thanks 1

Once again Tim, congratulations on an amazing find! It was a pleasure hunting with you, and glad I could help. I have added a link from the end of my story to yours. Great story telling and photos also!

You need to consider entering the Minelab find of the month competition 😉

• Like 1

Simply amazing who wouldn't freak out!  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By vanursepaul
      New story thread....
      Leaving for OZ around May 4th this year--
      Can't reveal the details because it is super secret this year....
      But hope to be upload some better video this year---
      I have been searching for the simplest way to use a camera while in the field...
      I haven't found any yet that are that simple, most ways i have tried become so time consuming that they interfere with my fun and relaxation!!!
      ANd my TAsk mAster dont like it when i am ... "fkn around!" If he sees too many videos or pictures he will scold me...
      Maybe a selfie, "follow me" cheapie drone----- I could hang a piece of bait meat on it for the flies while it is hovering near me,,,LOLOL
      This is Jan 20th and I will be traveling to LA  on Feb 3rd ..for my last 3 months of "work"
      Carry on !

• By alaskaseeker
      My first pulse unit was a ML 3000, I had carried the unit to Az from Ak without opening the box. I was camped at Decision corners not to far from the old cemetery.  Remembering events sometimes taxes you lol, but this was the year that Jonathan Porter came to the US and he was camped not too far away with his group. That evening I charged the big battery and laid everything out for assembly in the morning...After some food and detector assembly my friend and I drove over past the GPAA campground looking for a spot to try out our units. We parked near a metal building and I walked up the hillside towards a flat bench area I had spotted from the road...I made exactly two swings with my detector and I heard this signal sound I will never forget.. Weeee.  Oooop lol that's gold  for sure, and how could I be so lucky..

• By alaskaseeker
      The old coinshooter has been gone now for many years (1993) but I remember him very well..he used a CM 3 then, which he just wore out, it was replaced with a brand new Coinmaster 4...I got to hunt with him a few times and it was a pleasure to watch him slowly shuffle along he would stop scan back and forth and either dig or move on, I knew he was listening carefully..  We were hunting together in an old park, lots of targets old steel BCS mostly and other junk.. He called over to me and said what do you think about that? He used one of those old diggers that looked like it was made from conduit with a long narrow point, perfectly stuck on the end was a nice little gold ring.....  This person had a ring collection that would choke you, in fact one ring he told me about that he had found was a gents gold piece with a large precious stone,  he had taken it to a jeweler that cleaned it for him and I think later he sold it to the jeweler for enough to buy himself a new Ranchero...I tried to hunt with him as much as I could but we lived quite a distance apart and I was just starting to work on preliminary Trans Alaska pipe projects... By the time I could spend time with him he could no longer swing that heavy Whites unit but he liked tagging along with me.. The gold rings he had found were sold but the other pieces he had tied together on a string and there were many.. I haven't looked in the big canvas bank bag he gave me years ago that was almost full of dimes, quarters, halves and a few silver dollars he had found at the old Fairgrounds, parks and old closed country school yards.I .learned a lot by watching how carefully this person hunted, slowly, listening and moving around..He did his homework,  a little research and talking to the old timers that stopped by watching him...Who was this person? This Old Coinshooter, I knew him very well, He was my Dad....
    • By kiwijw
      Day two started with the same for breakfast as day one finished with dinner, but washed down with two cups of coffee.
      Shot of camp set up in among the long grass.

Looking up the gully from standing right in it.

And down the gully

It is very unusual for the grass to be this lush at this time of the year. This is what it is usually like.
      These pics are actually at the exact same spot as my post. That rock Mrs JW is sitting on is the rock in front of my wagon in the above pic of my wagon.

Any way.....after I had finished my breakfast I headed off with the Zed. Long story short....not a thing. Well no gold any way. So I went back & got the EQ 800 with its little 6" coil. Walking down & detecting the bald ground of a sheep track I got a faint hit. That big rock, which is cemented silcrete (sarson stone) that the Zed is sitting on center left. Had quite a bit of small tiny gold that the GB2 scored a couple of years ago. I went over it with the EQ 800 but nothing.

On digging this signal from the EQ 800 I was expecting a shot gun pellet. But no....it was a sassy bit of gold.

Not far down the gully & on the opposite side I hit a spot where I had got two bits with the Zed on my last time in here. To my surprise I got a faint hit. Could of course be a pellet

That dirt pile bottom center was one of the bits that I got with the Zed the last time & the rabbits have dug out my back filled dirt. Little shits. You will see a rabbit hole left center, that was where my 2nd bit was that I got with the Zed last time. The Nox's signal is right where the coil is. Another small sassy bit of gold

Back in the days of my GP 3000 I got quite a few bits of gold from around that rock & up on the top edges as well.
      Moving on down the gully bit further & on to another "old" hot spot of mine that I did well on with my 4500. I came to a high pile from the old timers. It is very bald & just crushed shattered schist bedrock that they dug down into from the gully floor & must have had a good amount of gold in it. Right up on top I got a faint signal.

This looking back at it from a bit of distance. Gully floor to the left with the grass growth in it.

Another little bit of gold for the Nox.

Then things dried up for me. So I went & got the GB2 & went over the same areas that I had just been over with the Nox. It wasn't until I was back down to the above pile that I got a good hit with the GB2 at the base of the pile. It was weird as just next to the signal was a signal that I had got with the Nox that just turned out to be a bit of rubbish. I know for sure that I had the Nox right over this spot where the GB2 was giving me this very positive zip zip. The point of the pick is where the scrape was from the Nox & the bit of rubbish. The small hole by the GB2 coil is the positive zip zip from the GB2. You may be able to make out the little shard of gold in the scoop.

If not.

The deadly little GB2. 👍

Well that was the end of it for 2018. So all up, 3 for the Zed, 4 for the Nox & 1 for the GB2 for just over 2 grams.

Unfortunately Mrs JW's mum passed away . It was unexpected but happened when Mrs JW was up there & holding her hand. Maybe that was meant to be. Mrs JW's brother had come over from Sydney on the very day she passed, so all three of  Mrs JW's mums "kids" were present. So that was pretty cool...although sad of course. So I had a mercy dash to get up there for the funeral. The service was held in the same little church, which was built in 1874, where Mrs JW's parents got married in 1952. The coffin rested on the very spot where they exchanged their wedding vowels all those years ago. Sad but that was a nice touch too. The spot where they started their lives together & where Mrs JW's mum had her final farewell.

Sorry to be morbid, but with that & then xmas right upon us is the reason I didn't get to do that last post adventure of 2018. Xmas I went over to the West Coast jet boating & bush camping.

We had two days of perfect weather & then two days of light rain. The river rose 3 feet & was still rising so the next day we decided to bail. The extra water made for saver boating back down river but our launching area was under water for pulling our boats back out. We had to boat up a side river to another spot to get our boats out. The fun of it all. Of course Mrs JW didnt come over for that. So I headed back home, picked her up & we headed back to the West coast but this time went north up the coast further to see a friend & took our E bikes to do a new West coast Wilderness trail. The trail follows old gold mining water races & old timber milling tramway tracks. It was pretty cool riding through these old historic areas in the native bush.

The start of a water race section

The water race now takes water to feed a small hydro power station

Crazy  pressure

That would get a pelton wheel spinning.
      Went past a plaque showing the Kanieri Bucket line gold dredge. There were heaps of these operating in NZ. This one continued on until 1982.

Mrs JW on a section of the bush milling tramway track.

Despite taking the three amigos, GB2, Gold Monster & EQ 800 I didnt do any detecting on the West Coast . Too much other stuff to do. It wasn't until the Saturday just gone that I went out for my first detect of 2019. It was a stinkin hot day & not very enjoyable. I even forgot to take my phone with me, so no pics. I managed just three small bits. All signals got with the Zed & two of those where pinpointed & recovered with the GB2. Once I had moved them & broken the halo effect the Zed lost them.

After getting those three I headed off elsewhere for a bit of night detecting to get away from the flies & the heat. It was a spot where I wanted to try the Gold Monster & tiny gold on bedrock, but all I got was Simon's favorite. A pocket full of shot gun pellets.  The Zed got its fair share of rubbish & damn pellets too.

At least my first days detecting of 2019 wasn't a skunk.
      Oh....how can I not tell you that on the 22nd of December I went & saw Shania Twain live in concert in Dunedin. It was her final show of her "Shania Now" world tour of 88 shows. Mrs JW wasnt into it so I had to go all by myself. Center stage 9 rows back from the front.

On that note I will leave you in peace.
      Best of luck out there for 2019
      JW
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://www.noktadetectors.com/success-stories/