2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

HOLY COWS! I'm speechless

Oh I know the feeling.  I had no words but " I'm freaking, I'm freaking out, I'm freaking." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

wow. thanks for sharing.?

• Thanks 1

Once again Tim, congratulations on an amazing find! It was a pleasure hunting with you, and glad I could help. I have added a link from the end of my story to yours. Great story telling and photos also!

Terrific story,you cannot beat a bit of the old yellow stuff can you ? if you are finding cut quarters then your machine is setup spot on,pleased that you found a wide selection of finds.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum, what a entrance! 

Congrats, that's the kind of stuff we all hope to find, amazing history and relics!

• Thanks 1

Didn't quite understand the story about the egg thing and then you saw the ring and was that the same thing??...was scratching my head a bit...and then the PHOTOS!!!!   THEN I UNDERSTOOD!!!!!!!!!!  ?:nugget::biggrin:

Wow, they are 2 simply amazing finds.  Both of them are finds of a lifetime.  The big lump of gold is probably even more unusual considering the location. 

And congrats on the other coins and bits and pieces - the history of places like that is far and away what we have here in Aus.  The Indigenous date back a long, long way but with only tools of stone and wood and no metal jewellery there is nothing to metal detect beyond European settlement (250 ish years). 

Well done again!  :wink:

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By relicmeister
      The son of my wife’s Besty  just bought an uber historical house on an Uber historic 4-acre piece of land in Connecticut. I won’t mention the town yet but it checks every possible box for detecting dream   
          House built 1734, an acre of home front. Plowed field adjacent, and woods on one side.  Documented history took place there.  
          I have to wait till he’s settled so early July. I’ll take the time to research and plan. The owner wants to do some detecting with me otherwise the deal is I can keep what I find - but split any high value find if any. 
      anything historically important will be donated to the historical society. 
      we will go for weekends as it’s couple hours away. 
      I’ll be using the Orx and Deus lite with all coils plus the Equinox with 11” and ( by then )10” x 5” coiltek 
          CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

• By mn90403
      We've all seen them.  There are these pages that make you click and show you treasure and say greatest ...
      This link is to a site that shows mostly the best finds from the UK.  I learned a new way to rank the finds by viewing these.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/metal-detectors-led-to-these-stunning-treasures/ss-BB1esUcZ?li=BBnbklE 
    • By And
      Hello detector-prospector friends,
      I had the honor to interview the finder-family of the legendary "Ambrosha-Nugget", found 1983 in Sierra County, California.
      Enjoy!

• By GotAU?
      Captain Henry Every was a 17th century pirate that took an Indian trading vessel and disappeared with it’s passengers, gold and silver aboard and was the subject of a worldwide manhunt but was never found. And then came along a detectorist who may have helped solve a part of the mystery:
      https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation-world/2021/04/01/ancient-coins-may-solve-mystery-of-murderous-1600s-pirate/?outputType=amp

EDIT: Alternate link: https://apnews.com/article/ancient-coins-may-solve-mystery-1600s-pirate-f5a6151b74e0dcf96de585eab451f90c
      And here's a pic of the detectorist in the article if anyone cant see it:

• By Condor
      Another forum member and I decided to explore some new ground about 80 miles from home in Sunny Yuma.  We were working off some of the old USGS pubs for ideas on new areas or at least new areas to us.  We set off yesterday exploring offroad in the RZR for these extinct placer works.  The first 2 locations really did not look like gold producing areas and we couldn't find any evidence of old workings.  Abandoning that area we just started driving some of the old tracks looking for evidence of placer works.  By early afternoon we had about decided to give up when I spotted a new, bright yellow claim sign down the end of a wash.  We drove down there to see what was the ground looked like.  A quick hike revealed the claim owners were drywashing a small gully to bedrock fairly recently.  We decided to take an adjacent wash and see if we could find similar looking ground.  We drove to the end of the wash and although it was getting late in the day we set off to explore the zone about 1/2 mile from the other claim.  There was no sign of placer works in a series of desert washes with shallow bedrock.  About 30 minutes in, I get a decent target sound and started digging.  My friend ended up in the same gully and came up as I was digging.  We got to bedrock and using a pinpointer found a small nugget.  He went on while I finished up.  I swept the hole one last time and got another tone.  To make a long story tolerable, I found 4 nuggets in the same hole.  I got another couple tiny nuggets on the way back to the RZR, he got 1.  
      We hit it again today trying to expand on our search.  I found a decent nugget right off, then nothing for the next hour.  We met up to compare notes, he had found 1 as well.  We split up again and not 50 yds away I got a good tone right next to a bedrock dropoff.  I dug for close to 45 minutes pulling 8 small nuggets out of the same hole.  I found nothing else the rest of the day.  He found a spot that produced 3 nuggets in the same hole and a spot that produced 2 nuggets in the same hole.  It's not unheard of that certain conditions concentrate the nuggets in a favorable spot.  But, the rest of the wash was apparently barren.  I supposed if we dug through the overburden there might be more small nuggets on bedrock, but that's like working.  
      We were in essence "blue sky" detecting, not having any specific knowledge about the area.  Here in Yuma you can't find a desert wash that hasn't been drywashed, so you have a clue that gold has been found before.  Out there, there were no clues to previous gold finds or what might be gold producing areas.  So we were lucky, or as Louis Pasteur said "Luck favors the prepared mind".  Hard work and persistence paid off this time.  
      It's the possibilities that keep us going, not the probabilities.  
      I'm not computer literate enough to fix these angles, Steve H will step in at some point and make them more viewable.  2.38grams is yesterdays single hole.  2.78 is yesterdays total.  2.52 is todays from a single hole.  1.10 is the lonesome nugget I found this morning.   The scoop in the hole shows the glory hole of 8 nuggets.  The other photos are both our nuggets from today on the tailgate of my truck.  I don't have a weight on his nuggets.  

• By vanursepaul
      Dam Aussies wont let me in yet......... bugger all...
      Starting from Big Spring TX (dust storm central today) and heading west on I-20 to I-10 then thru New Mexico and im pretty sure I will be slowing down as I go thru AZ----- 
      then either on to LA via Rand quad or sweep up thru Vegas and on to, tri-tip Luckys Cold Springs Hideout---- then take a left over the pass and on in to Porta-toilet where Sourdough Scott hangs out so i can pick up a jar of relish!!!!!---- next would be a refreshment stop in Quincy area to see a few old mates---- then on the Redding area,  and over the hill to Eureka- then North to Alaska.....
      YOU HAVE ALL BEEN FORE-WARNED..... use your due diligence to decide if you want to be in those areas.....hahahahahaha.🤣😂🤠