Opinion. Do You Really Think One Detector Can Do It All ?

prunt

With what you said it would have to be a hybrid detector. Who knows just maybe we’ll see this come to be in 2019.

I’ll give it a name of Evolution.

Chuck 

• Like 3

Not without weight issues and thats half the reason I swing the Deus is lite weight and discrimination.

But to gain depth and be at the top of the line for gold requires the GPZ 7000.

So if they can combine the 2 and still come out under 3lbs that would do it for my detecting.

• Like 2

Rather than a hybrid machine that uses both PI and VLF, we'll probably have to wait for a completely different technology to come along.  But for one detector that can be used effectively in place of a variety of VLF detectors, the Equinox is already here.

• Like 1

An one detector do everything perfectly. No, and I doubt there ever be such a beast. A detector custom designed from the ground up to do only one thing perfectly will probably always have an edge.

That said I think we already have detectors that are good enough to “do it all” for what most people need in a detector. I could get by now with only one detector and would not feel overly constrained.

• Like 5

I’d have to say that the Equinox 800 is knocking at the door of doing it! 

At my time in life I think the Nox would do me well! I don’t see myself getting to nugget hunt as much as I would like because of the long trip to get there .

I’m waiting to see what 2019 has to offer but if it don’t look great I’ll just buy me another Equinox 800 . If Minelab had the small coil I’d never sold my Nox in the first place . I didn’t say I was the smartest rock in the box .

Chuck 

• Like 1

Nah, for me VLFs are just not up to the depth capability that the Z brings to gold detecting. If the Zs weight could be lowered dramatically and have CTX like CO & FE discrimination plus a range of coils, wow then we`d be getting there. Of course one can never say never, certainly not with ML doing their thing.  

• Like 5