Minelab now have updated the Xchange2 software for the GPZ7000, and it's now compatible with the 7000 upgraded software from 18 months ago.

I have just done a download of stored data that was on the 7000 and it worked just like it used to, and it still kept all the find points and stuff from the original xchange2 which was great.

Also I was able to restore all the MLX file data that I have been saving on the desktop for the last 18 months as well, this was a bit of a challenge to begin with.  What you do is when the 7000 is plugged into the computer, the MLX file that is there, (provided you have saved it) delete that one and copy and paste one of the saved ones from your PC, if you have renamed them just change the name back to GPZ7000.MLX and then just do the normal download form the 7000 to the exchange2 like before, then keep deleting and pasting and downloading till all your files that were save on the PC have been uploaded.

Job done.  Thanks minelab, I just don't know what took so long.

cheers dave

https://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories-1/detecting-apps/xchange-2?view=downloads

minelab-xchange-2-software.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wooooohooooo, good to hear.  🎉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Wooooohooooo, good to hear.  🎉

Yep sure is, it's been a long wait but it seems to work smoothly now.

cheers dave

• Like 1

And it seems to have just been slipped onto the website with little fanfare? 

No email or anything that I received. 

Even the Forum Warden doesn't seem to have been aware of its existence..or was he??  😮😉

I just happend to stumble onto it today, and same same no notification that it was there.

cheers dave

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=342622

10 Oct 2018

XChange 2 Update Now Available

A new update is now available for XChange 2.

This latest XChange 2 update enables all features when used with the latest GPZ 7000 Firmware (20170630), and CTX 3030 Chinese language now compatible.

New release version 1.8.7-1.3.5

The new release version can be downloaded here.

Any info on what it updates?

Rick

Yes Steve, we waited for this for a long time, now it works again, very happy, I was one of the users that missed the ability to use the xchang2 after the GPZ7000 uprgade, although that upgrade was also a great benefit apart from the glitch with the xchange2

cheers dave 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kiwijw
      Hi guys, After the Saturday's success with the X coil 10 x 9

I was keen to try a spot local to me that I have hammered over the years. The last time there with Simon I managed a few bits with the Zed & 14" ML coil. I was keen to target schist bedrock crevices that were a bit beyond the ML 14" coil in the way of it being on the steep drop off face of a tailing race & the nature of the schist crevices to poke the coil into. Bring on the X coil 10 x 9. I ended up E-Biking in to the spot.

I started off detecting the easier ground on top of a bedrock schist up lift. Detecting the shallow gravels but was just getting heaps of shot gun pellets.

Having had enough of that I went over to the drop off side that was the wall face down into the old timers tailings race.

Got a very good hit on a small shelf. Right under where the coil is.

No way was this going to be gold. But I gave a scrape that was virtually straight on bedrock. Can you see it?

Well I'll be damned

No wonder it screamed. I then just shook my head. How the hell did I miss that over the years. GP 3000 & 4500 with the little joey mono & 6" mono. GB2, GM 1000???? Only human I suppose.

Oh well....Next
      As you will see by the photo's this is not easy detecting ground.

On another little shelf I got a whisper of a signal

In the above pic you will notice older broken out bits of schist from an old dig of mine above the coil. This was from back with the GP 3000 & joey mono coil. On this occasion I got the whisper from that freshly scraped crevice the coil is sitting on.
      How bloody small is that? Unbelievable..

that's high frequency VLF stuff...but down a good 2" for that coil.

Next
      Further along that shelf & balancing on a knife edge. Another sweet little hit among the schist nooks & crannies.

Another little slug

Here are a few pics of the surrounding area & looking back on this schist face I am detecting.

Autumn (fall) as you can see by the colour of the trees.

Even a nice little waterfall. Have always meant to have a scratch at its base & put some material down a sluice box

Note the Zed balanced top center

Then another signal

It was starting to get dark so this was going to be my last one as I had to ride back out.

Gosh...having to smash out that block of schist very carefully so as to not send the target flying. Got that down to a fine art over the years in these type situations.

Lucky last. Nice wee piece to finish on

Making 4 little bits for a total of .84 grams.
      That total was not as much as my biggest bit of .85 grams from the day before. The smallest bit was just .02 of a gram.
      Loving this coil & the very reason we all wanted a smaller coil for the Zed in these situations. Come on Minelab......it can be done.
      Just waiting on Simon to rock up & we are out there....again 👍
      Cheers
      Best of luck out there
      JW 🤠

• By kiwijw
      Hi guys, Simon & I ventured back to the spot where I got my first gold with the X coil 10 x 9. I was very keen to try the 15 x 14 coil on it to see if there was anything at more depth. We got chased out by rain on our last time in there, so had unfinished ground to go over. Ground I have been over in the past with my GP 3000 & 4500 & with the Zed & ML 14" coil. I left the 10 x 9 coil on as we had had some rain during the week & the ground was still holding moisture & I am a firm believer that damp ground gives me an edge with my detecting. So I went back over the same ground where I found my gold last time. High Yield/Normal. Sensitivity on 19. Coil running as quiet as a mouse. I approached it all in the same ground covering order of the time before. Nothing initially. I then came to that drop off edge that I spoke of before & waving the coil over the end that had some exposed schist bedrock I got a very very faint blemish in the threshold. More one of those hunch type signals that could very well have been nothing as it wasn't always there. I certainly wasn't convinced but something nagged at me give it a scrape. Ended up opening a few crevices as the signal improved. 
      Finally it was out.
      Moving along this bedrock a bit further, another very faint signal.
      Scraping the bedrock the signal moved.
      Small gold
      Same run of bedrock, another signal
      Another bit of gold
      Getting into a bit deeper ground off the edge of this bedrock I got another faint hit.
      Getting down into & smashing out the bedrock before the signal moved. You can judge from the photos the depth for these small bits of gold.
      Then things dried up for a while. I covered all that slope that I did well on the saturday before. Nothing more. I was going to try the 15 x 14 on this area after lunch but in the mean time I just carried on detecting ground that I didn't get to last saturday. Again targeting bedrock. I got a good little hit
      Another small bit of gold.
      Another wee hit, down to bedrock
      Another small bit of the good stuff
      I then wandered onto some deeper ground & got a very loud hit. Thinking it was just going to be shallow rubbish but the signal lived on down to a reasonable depth
      when suddenly it was out. no bedrock so I feared the worst.
      But
      Wooo  hooo
      Ended up getting 5 pieces out of this little glory hole.

Decided at this pint to stop for a late lunch. So downed tools & headed to the wagon. Simon off in the distance saw my move, so we met up back at the wagon. Exchanged the usual "How did you do".
      Nothing Simon said, how about you. Not sure...lost count. WHAT...he said. So I tipped out my bottle & counted out 12 pieces. I felt bad for Simon. As he sure puts in the effort. After lunch he headed back to his spot & I back to mine. Still with the 10 x 9 coil on I got another hit.
      Another bit of gold.
      I think that was the thumbs up one that Simon put a photo up of. Two feet away another...but got no pic of that one. At this point I decided to put on the 15 x 14 X coil & go back over all the ground from the previous saturday. Long story short. Not one more piece of gold. I then noticed Simon was working his way over towards me so when he arrived I went over to where he had been. Not 5 minutes into it I got a good signal. I could see many digs & scrapes from Simon but this signal lived on down to a good depth. Signal still there. On to bedrock & it was still there. I was feeling pretty confident now. Scraping the bedrock the signal moved. I didnt even bother with the magnet as I was so sure it was going to be gold. WHAT...a bloody big old rusty boot tack. Couldn't believe it. Back filled my crater & moved on two feet & got the same kind of signal. Again I was down to some depth & even hit the bedrock again. Not getting my hopes up this time I waved the magnet over the bottom of the hole. nothing lept up on to it. So I carried on smashing into the bedrock. Peeling it out I could see a couple of crevices developing.
      Hooking the pick into that one in front of the scoop & racking it out the signal was out.
      Well I will be buggered.
      Biggest bit of the day .85 of a gram for the 15 x 14 X coil. That was the one & only bit on this day for that coil. Nothing more. We were stuffed so called it a day. Simon again got a skunk. Poor bugger.
      My total was 15 for 3.55 grams
      Got to be happy with that.👍
      Love, love loving these coils.  Cheers
      Best of luck out there
      JW 🤠
    • By Andyy
      So I titled this as such because when it gets especially hot (here in Arizona) I start my hunts at midnight and go thru until the morning until about 8am.  For me, this offers multiple benefits.  There is more time with the family on weekends, which for me is #1; I cherish this more than gold.  And secondly, if it is hot out, I cannot keep my ground balanced, as some put it.  When it starts getting hot, I would tend not to look as hard and rush through areas. 

Anyways, back to the gold.  I was in a wash last week when I ran into some pretty good gold.   I found 11 small pcs adding up to almost 4 grams.  Now, for my night hunts, I won’t go every weekend, I usually skip 1 or two so that I get my sleep cycle working again.  But then there is Mother’s Day coming up and so my wife briefly mentioned that I should go this weekend, too.  An hour later I am charging batteries.  She walks by and says, “wow, you really have the fever don’t you”.   I just laughed.    She knows me.  She has seen me prospecting for 5 years and put up with it for 5 years.  One of the best decisions I made was marrying her.  I explain all of this because it was nice to come home and show her the source of the fever. 

So I went back to this area with my GPZ and started walking through more washes I had marked out on my gps.  Nothing for the first one, but the second one, I got a nice strangely shaped 2.75 grammer.  Now, I can kinda see a patten on my gps when I look at my finds.  I finish the wash and go to a wash that is in the direction of the gold distribution.  Good topography … I am in.  First couple of minutes of slow hunting in this wash yields, nothing.  And then I start focusing on a bench that is maybe a foot higher than the rest of the wash… and I get a signal.  A clear, still loud, but smooth signal.  My heart jumps as I begin to dig.  The dirt just fell away until 15-16” I hit gravel.  By now the target was booming.  I scrape the gavel back with my pick and I see a large piece of gold flip out!  It replays in my mind over and over.  Needless to say, you may have heard my scream at 2:15 in the morning (Arizona time).  LOL.

From there the gold kept coming.   I got a couple more pieces farther up the wash and then came back and placered the area for a couple more little ones missed by depth.  Wide range of sizes.  THAT is why I love the GPZ.    And it was nice to see my wifes face change to a smile when she felt the .86oz chunk fall into her hand.  Priceless.  All in all, my findings came to just over 1oz.  Who needs sleep ...

Andyy

• By flakmagnet
      Okay, this may be a seriously dumb question but if you don't ask you won't learn.
      This is a quote from the original MineLab release describing the audio response on the 7000:
      "For example, the audio response for small gold will be a low-pitched tone followed by a high-pitched tone. A ferrous signal such as a bottle cap will produce a high-pitched tone followed by a low-pitched one, enabling the user to discriminate the ferrous target."
      Have you GPZ owners found that smaller gold does indeed signal with "a low-pitched tone followed by a high-pitched tone?"
      Thank you for any info. you can provide from direct experience. 

• By Oxygène
      Who could help me.
      my GPZ 7000 works fine, but sometimes I can not turn it off. I keep the button pressed and it display ( turning off), but it will never go off. I used that remove the battery of the detector to get it off.
    • By kiwijw
      Hi guys, last Saturday Simon & I were going to head to a spot that Simon has been to quite a few times now, but on hearing the weather forecast was for rain in the afternoon I decided to not go that far. I was scratching my head as to where to go. I then decided to take Simon to an area he hadn't been to before & I hadn't been for ages as it had dried up on the gold take for me. I did well there back in my GP 3000 days & the 4500. Even managed a few more when I hit it with the Zed & 14" coil but even the Zed had come stop producing. I wanted to try the X coil 10 x 9 & break my skunks that I had been having with it on the two previous times I used it.
      We got there & Simon elected to start with his EQ 800 & 6" coil. I the Zed & the X coil 10 x 9. I had broken my swing arm & the area had a steep bank that I was very keen to run the coil over as I had done well here in the past. I knew it would be very difficult detecting with the 15 x 14 coil without the swing arm working this steep bank. The 10 x 9 was effortless. It looked so strange seeing this small coil on the end of the Zed. There was quite a bit of grass growth on the top area above the steep bank, but this is where I started, working my way towards the drop off down the bank. I was getting heaps of green schist hot rocks & so was Simon. I was slowly going over areas where I had got gold previously. Tell tale dig holes from those times that the rabbits had dug back out again. Running in High Yield/Normal. Sensitivity on 19 the coil was running very stable. I was getting nothing but these green schist hot rocks. I worked my way towards the top edge of the bank drop off. The old timers had ground sluiced the top flat area & had stacked a few rock piles but the shallow bedrock gave me no gold. On the edge of the bank I came across an old dig hole & I got a faint signal from it.

MMMmmm...had someone got a bit of rubbish & just thrown it back in the hole? I scraped into the old dig hole & the signal was still in there. got a bit more aggressive with the dig pulling out rotten schist bedrock now & the signal was still in there. My hopes now increased ten fold.

My very first bit of gold for the X coil 10 x 9. 👍
      Not four feet away I got another faint little hit.

Small piece of gold No 2

I worked my way along this top edge but that was it. So I started detecting down the bank. It wasn't long before I had another little hit.

Piece No 3

This just continued along this bank.

Biggest bit of the day

Got two from this dig when I re checked after back filling

Tiny

The bank is steeper than it looks in the photo. Especially when you are digging & trying to stop the detector from sliding off down plus maintaining your footing.

Note the rock pile from the old timers. If you look hard you will see Simon's head at the left end of the pile.

The rain then came in so we made a hasty exit. Unfinished business. Unfortunately Simon got skunked. Even when he went back to get his 4500 & 14 x 9 Evo coil.
      All up 9 bits for 1.52 grams.

I was more than happy with that & a good way to break the skunk on the X coil 10 x 9. Third time lucky.👍
      Cheers
      Good luck out there
      JW 🤠