Minelab now have updated the Xchange2 software for the GPZ7000, and it's now compatible with the 7000 upgraded software from 18 months ago.

I have just done a download of stored data that was on the 7000 and it worked just like it used to, and it still kept all the find points and stuff from the original xchange2 which was great.

Also I was able to restore all the MLX file data that I have been saving on the desktop for the last 18 months as well, this was a bit of a challenge to begin with.  What you do is when the 7000 is plugged into the computer, the MLX file that is there, (provided you have saved it) delete that one and copy and paste one of the saved ones from your PC, if you have renamed them just change the name back to GPZ7000.MLX and then just do the normal download form the 7000 to the exchange2 like before, then keep deleting and pasting and downloading till all your files that were save on the PC have been uploaded.

Job done.  Thanks minelab, I just don't know what took so long.

cheers dave

https://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories-1/detecting-apps/xchange-2?view=downloads

minelab-xchange-2-software.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And it seems to have just been slipped onto the website with little fanfare? 

No email or anything that I received. 

Even the Forum Warden doesn't seem to have been aware of its existence..or was he??  ??

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=342622

10 Oct 2018

XChange 2 Update Now Available

A new update is now available for XChange 2.

This latest XChange 2 update enables all features when used with the latest GPZ 7000 Firmware (20170630), and CTX 3030 Chinese language now compatible.

New release version 1.8.7-1.3.5

The new release version can be downloaded here.

Any info on what it updates?

Rick

Yes Steve, we waited for this for a long time, now it works again, very happy, I was one of the users that missed the ability to use the xchang2 after the GPZ7000 uprgade, although that upgrade was also a great benefit apart from the glitch with the xchange2

cheers dave 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By PeterInSa
      Volume Limit on the Z, from the Manual..............
      The Volume Limit sets the maximum volume for target signals. When detecting, the sound produced by a target can be very loud. Adjust the Volume Limit to ensure that loud targets do not hurt your ears. The Volume Limit has a range of 1-20, with a preset of 12.
      And of course a lower Volume Limit will reduce the difference between small and big targets.
      When using the WM12 and headphones I have the volume limit at 7, reason being I have Tinnitus and do not want sudden loud sound to make it worse. Am wondering does this low setting have an impact on any other function of the Z. I can still find very very small pieces of wire/gold.
      Thanks
      Peter
    • By phrunt
      It was election day in NZ yesterday and it was already well known we were going to have a landslide victory to the current government due to their Covid handling more than anything, it was the Covid election rather than a political one so rather than staying home seeing that on TV all day I decided to go for an afternoon hunt.   Mitchel drove the other day 4 hours for one nugget, while I can't match that I was going to drive an hour for similar results only if I found a nugget it would likely be smaller than his 🙂
      I was going back to a place right near JW's house mainly because it's the shortest drive to a gold area from my house but we have both absolutely slammed it especially with it being only a few minutes drive from JW's house too.  This particular little area we've spent days on end at, many days.  We've both done well at it but the gold dried up, JW said he's done with the spot but I wanted to try one more thing before giving up on it, my 8" X-coil there.   I honestly didn't think I'd find anything but with only a few hours and even less if I drove off further it had to do.   I could explore other areas in the similar area but I wanted to try the coil at this spot where we'd both done well on the gold before. 
      My first target was one I knew was there, I'd hit the target many times in the past but never bothered to dig it knowing it was junk but my curiosity got the best of me so I dug it up.

It was down deeper than I expected for such a booming target.

It was a little old tin, a shame the miner that threw it out or lost it didn't have the gold stashed in it 😞
      I was detecting around for an hour or so with very little targets at all other than shotgun pellets that I was just ignoring with the double blip the GPZ does on close targets and if they disappeared in a scrape or so they were rejected for the next guy 😛
      I then had a really nice sounding rather faint signal, one that was pretty confident might be my first gold of the day.  I dug, and dug and got down quite deep and the target was now screaming so I went over to my bag and got my Nox to try narrow down where it was as the GPZ was roaring on it so I couldn't pinpoint it, I had a feeling at this point it wasn't gold as the signal was too good, if it was gold I was in the wrong country as it was too big 🙂
      The Nox was giving odd ID's, for such a big screaming target it was favoring the lower ID numbers between 1 and 10 or so, I was a bit confused but narrowed it down to being a rock 😞
      What kind of rock would behave this way? I smashed it open and it had tiny little flakes in it that was sparkly like a silvery type colour.

I put the Equinox down in the hole to try show how deep the rock was.  It didn't really work but it was deep.

They didn't sparkle as much in the photo or on camera as in the sunlight.
      After that disappointment I was struggling with wanting to continue, I'd had that I'm giving up feeling thinking I wasn't going to get any gold and i got another faint signal quite close to that last signal, a couple of feet at most.  I thought here goes, it's another rock.

I scraped away at the ground and the target moved.... here goes, a pellet.  I was a bit puzzled by that as I'd done this exact spot before with the GPZ and 10" and the Nox, even the Gold Bug 2 and Monster had been over this little area so was puzzled I'd missed a pellet.  It's right near where I found various nuggets weighting around 9 grams not too long ago and JW had also got another 2 or 3 grams from it too.  No target was left I thought, but I was wrong... maybe gold does grow back 🙂

Maybe the little guy was on edge of something and fell over onto the flat or something, I have no idea. I was very surprised to find it.   This is my new scoop, I absolutely love it, I saw it was the one Steve used so figured I best try it out.  The flat base makes life so much easier recovering tiny targets getting them close to the coil, and it has sharpened edges for scraping which is very handy, much better than the round traditional scoops people use.  The little gold riffles I thought was a bit of a gimmick but they do really work.

I found a big spider too, you don't see many big spiders in NZ and none are harmful except a small colony of Aussie Red backs that were accidentally introduced into a small area in the same region, they haven't spread though and are isolated to one spot.  I still jump a bit when a spider comes out, especially a big one after spending most of my life in Australia where they all want to kill you. 🙂
      No more gold for the afternoon so time to head home, it was starting to rain a bit anyway.

So my little nugget, it was 0.058 of a gram until I cleaned it, should have left it dirty 🙂
      The other good news, my WM12 has started working, I was having a lot of trouble with it on previous trips with the audio constantly dropping out, this time it was fine, no idea why or how, different location so maybe it was some weird interference at the other spot that kept making it play up even on multiple days.  It dropped out a few times but in normal scenarios you would expect it to drop.   This time I was using the WM12 with my SP01 as I'd rigged up my harness how I liked it, it meant I ran the GPZ volume on 4 and let the booster do al the work previously when using the GPZ here I'd just run the WM12 with no extra speaker or SP01.  I really think a low GPZ volume with the booster doing the work makes faint targets stand out more, the GPZ appears to run smoother.
      So nothing too exciting from my afternoon hunt except the weird rock!
    • By ColonelDan
      I thought I’d try using a pedometer just to see how far I stroll along the beach on my hunts.
      The reviews I’ve read on many are not very complimentary.  It seems the common complaint centers on accuracy and battery life.
      I’d appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
      Thanks

• By normmcq
      I am using the Trond Wireless Transmitter and Receiver and wireless headphones with my GPZ 7000 and am liking it. I have it plugged into my WM 12 and have had no issues. I had a friend try the set up, the only difference on the set  up was he had it direct to the headphone jack. He said there was so much EMI, couldn't use it. Does anyone else use this set up and are there any issues?
                                                                                                                     Norm
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      This might have already been posted I figured it would be faster to ask.  I have a potential client who is thinking of upgrading from a 5000 to a 7000.  The concern is his knees and he thinks he'll have both knees replaced next Spring.  I know a 5000 can be used with long shaft (I have customers with titanium knees), but the 7000 is a different beast.  Anyone know for a fact if it is possible or should he stick with the 5000?   It would be nice to hear from those who know from experience and have tried it. 

• By AUddicted
      Hello folks,
      It's been a long time since I've used my GPZ because I had to move away from the Redding area where I was using it regularly. It makes sense to sell it and use the money for a new computer and engineering software for my business. The machine has around 200 hours and works perfect. It still has the original skidplate, so that gives you an idea of the minimal wear and tear. 
      Can you please recommend a fair asking price so I can then put it in the classifieds with pictures? 
      Thanks much.