Some people would not upgrade their 7000 because they could not use the XChange.  I upgraded and lost my ability to use it.

I was also using it with the CTX 3030 and could see my beach finds quite easily.  Every month or so I'd update.  It was a routine when the memory was full.  I'd be out in the field and go to some of my last find points and continue to detect.  I stopped using the XChange.

Since I stopped using it I have had computer drive crashes and other events happen so now I don't even have the backups to change the file names back and forth.

The Nox doesn't care where you use it.  You just have to keep that data in your head or on your other devices.  History lost and unrecorded.

Mitchel

HELP!!!

I do not remember the sequence of actions to do this upgrade...small words please.

I have the program in my computer...gpz7000.mlx

now what???

fred 

Well, never mind!

I don't know how or why but the program has updated...just tested in my yard and I am found-wp14.

fred

I was a bit slow to reply Fred but it is pretty simple, in the program when you run it you will see "update available" written at the top of the screen, like in the screenshot below

780450964_Xchange2update.thumb.jpg.427bfea269060a67dfa8558daa2da41b.jpg

You just needed to click on that, it will download the installer and proceed to start installing, it will ask you to close down Xchange 2 by clicking the X at the top right on the screen before it can complete the install, then you're done..

Thanks, Phrunt

Beside not having a brain...I quickly forget any technical process that I do not use...it must have been muscle memory-haha

It is a sad and lonely world sometimes...but then everything works and I find a nuggie...

fred

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Erik_in_Mission
      Hello Friends 😁
      Someone recommended me to start with a GPX 5000 for my Project. He said its not a big difference between a GPX 5000 and a GPZ 7000. So i have some questions, i hope you can help me.
      Is it true that the GPZ can measure about 40 Percent deeper comparing to a GPX ? Is the GPZ really so much better that its worth to pay a higher price?
      Which one of them would be easier to use for me, as a newbie? Is it smarter to start with a GPX or GPZ, what do you think? 
      If i come in rainy wheather is it possible for the GPX to resist? Has he a IP64 code?
      What about to buy a used one? I read that the older GPZs works sometimes better than the new ones, is this true? Is the newest software ( 31/7/17 NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE ) really always the optimized one?
      Look here under the category FIND_BLOG, the same you can also find for the GPZ  http://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-gpx-5000-metal-detector-11-in-mono-coil-bonus-15-mono-coil  !  Are this just storys so that they sell the Detectors better or is this realistic? What do you think?
      What is the different about the GPZ 14 coil is fully waterproof to 1 m (3 ft) and GPZ 19 Super-D Coil? Is one of them going more deep, or is it more sesitive?  What Coils do yu use with yur GPZ or GPX?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

For everybody who want to know more about my Project look here:

• By Erik_in_Mission
      Hello to everybody. Iam new here.😁
      Thank you for the quick and simple registrationprocess. 
      Iam a total newbie with detecting, honestly i newer did it before.
      A friend (hes from Tanzania)of mine and me want to search for some Gold in his country cause there are many places where you can find something. I think its the third biggest goldexporter in africa.
      Now i started to reseach about which detector we could use for our project. So i came to the conclusion to buy this a GPZ 7000 from minelab. At first i was pretty sure  about this decision but now i found out there are also machines called soil-scanner or soils radar (here a website i found: https://www.idc-detektor.de/webshop/3d--radar--professionell/3d-bodenscanner--radar/   , sorry its in german).
      So i really need experts who can help me. People who have experience/practice with these things and can help to take a good decission so that i dont missuse my money for a machine which is not really working. 
      Please help me also to use the forum in the right way. I dont what do disturb someone by posting something in the wrong place.
      Thanks for your support and special thanks to the inventor of this forum.
      With friendly regards.
      Erik
    • By Condor
      Here in the Desert Southwest the local plants respond more to rain than to growing seasons.  It's still winter and the last 2 late season rains have caused the Desert to really green up.  Areas that are normally barren have ft tall weeds sprouting up and it's giving my GPZ fits.  For some reason the GPZ is really sparky when swinging through the fresh green growth.  It's not just the first swing it's all swings until I scrape them down to the ground.  They're spiking the threshold loud enough that it's near impossible to distinguish a target whisper in there.  In the past the GPZ has given off something akin to a single static spark in fresh dead weeds on the first swing then dying off in further swings, but this is consistent, constant and downright annoying.  It's only in the weeds, on open ground it's fine.  No particular bump sensitivity, just those fresh green stalks. 
      Is anybody else experiencing this, or is my machine acting up?  Solutions?  I sprayed some static guard on the coil cover, didn't help at all. 
    • By PG-Prospecting
      Finally got a video up that goes over  and shows some the uses and benefits of lidar maps for the gold prospector and metal detectorist.  I also delve into some drone usage stuff at the end of the video.  Let me know what you think, and if your interested in some feel free to contact me.  I will hopefully have a website up in the near future, when i do i will let everyone know here.  
      Thanks for watching!

• By Steve Herschbach
      Several U.S. dealers are advertising a free GPZ 19 coil with GPZ 7000 purchases though 4/15. I have not been able to find this on the Minelab website so maybe U.S. only? So there is the forum "mission". Is this promotion good in Australia and the U.K. etc. or just something out of Minelab USA?

• By kac
      Not sure if any of you knew of this site:
      https://www.historicaerials.com/
      They have a view that shows old photos back to 1938 and topos going way back. The viewer is slow but has nice reference as you can click through the dates and see changes. It is a little hard to see but you can see some old trails, lost foundations and even early farm fields that have either been built over or trees have grown in. I use it to find some spots and I plug the gps coordinates into my phone's gps.