Alluminati

Another Good Video - 11 Reasons Not To Buy A Tesoro

There are ways to share your enthusiasm for the Equinox. Dissing a detector or - like you did - the entire line of detectors of a well known and often honoured manufacturer like Tesoro, is by far the worst way to go.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, rockhound said:

There are ways to share your enthusiasm for the Equinox. Dissing a detector or - like you did - the entire line of detectors of a well known and often honoured manufacturer like Tesoro, is by far the worst way to go.

How is this "dissing" a detector? I used them and still have a Tesoro, how many Tesoro do you have?

Its just a metal detector, what "honour" are you referring too?

I can tell without a doubt you never even swung the Cibola, you wouldn't be defending a machine that apparently can't see a silver dime and a silver quarter at the same time using the same threshold setting.

I never found it this bad, but I was just setting the pinpoint threshold to a hummm like a normal person would, I guess around 12:00 if I recall.  Calabash and Jeff that pointed this ridiculous quirk out to me or I might have never realized it. The Cibola is just odd.

Who said anything about an Equinox? I think you are reading too much between the lines here. 😉

17 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

How is this "dissing" a detector?

You said "Don't buy a Tesoro..." 

I used them and still have a Tesoro, how many Tesoro do you have?

I started with a Silver Sabre years ago. Sold my Vaquero 2 last year because the Tangra / Golden Mask is the better Vaquero. Very fast and good in trashy grounds with great iron-rejection, but more modern in design with two frequencies, wireless headphones and telescopic carbon shaft.

12 minutes ago, rockhound said:

You said "Don't buy a Tesoro..." 

That is the name of the Video.

Besides, now that they are out of business the title is kind of moot.

• Like 1

Hi Alluminati,

If you still have a Cibola or Vaquero try it out for yourself.  I have established coins in my test bed. If I turn the threshold all the way down, put my disc on iron and sensitivity on 6 or 7  my 3" dime and quarter will not produce a tone. I have really mineralized soil so I can't run the sensitivity up much higher than 7. My nickel and zinc penny at the same depth are still audibly detected. It is kind of a cool feature and sort of reminds me of a high/low switch on some PI's even though this is just a form of audio discrimination.

Jeff

I seem to recall that the threshold has no effect with the discrimination channel on my machine. The "pinpoint" on the Cibola sounds like the "All Metal" modes on their other machines, their other machines have a 3rd no-motion mode to use as a pinpoint.

Here is a follow up video from Calabash Digger. TESORO METAL DETECTOR USERS PLEASE TRY THIS.

Hi Alluminati,

Thanks for posting this update from Calabash Digger. He is a real stand up guy and made a great request for all Cibola owners to send in their results to him for testing silver quarters on their Cibolas. Any Cibola owners on this forum should try this especially if their Cibola is under warranty so they can possibly get it fixed before Tesoro shuts down completely. The video is short and air test is easy. Don't forget to set your threshold first to an audible hum. He has his threshold knob correctly set in the video.

Jeff

• Like 1