Gonna Call It A Season.....

oneguy

28 minutes ago, Steve in Idaho said:

Nice pics and a good hand full of gold. I have to give it up for the season because of snow. It's going to be a long winter.

Yeah Steve....snowing here at the house as I type and about 4" the other day up on top......

winter time= forum time.....lol

17 hours ago, Northeast said:

Hey oneguy,

Beautiful gold scenery and animal pics. 

They are fantastically clear images from your game cameras.  Can I ask what you use?  Have long been thinking about getting some but am always worried about the quality of the pics. 

Thanks, NE.

First off THANKS to everyone for the nice words....it's appreciated!!!!

Northeast....  Currently down to 6 cameras and have run Reconyx cams almost exclusively for 10+ yrs. Reconyx are spendy but very reliable and due to thieves finding my cams (3 now @ $1200 loss) I started buying "el cheapos" in case of theft.  The pics posted are from my new "el cheapo" cams ($100) and take GREAT daytime shots, IR night pics not so hot.  The cams are Browning Strike Force and last yrs models.  All trail cams are china made cheap (except usa Reconyx) and I consider them "throw aways" if they get stolen or when they break down, and they do.  I'm actually very happy so far with these 2 Brownings….EXCELLANT day pics, great battery life, small & easy to conceal, and cheap, and most important (for me) is they work in the cold weather unlike a lot of the "el cheapos".....

Hope that helps

Thanks again everyone for the words!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oneguy said:

The cams are Browning Strike Force and last yrs models.

Thank you for the info, will have a look and see what is available here.

And good point about sticking with a cheaper model due to thefts.  It is a shame but these are the times  ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, phrunt said:

I understand why you got rid of your GPX and just stick with your Monster, you've done so well with the Monster and it makes sense to use what works best for you, and clearly the Monster is killing it.

Simon

It's not so much the Monster is killing it as it was the location I had (key word had) was made for the Monster!  Hopefully I can somehow change the had back to a have next season?  

Speaking of bears.....a guy got slapped around yesterday by one pretty good as they had to airlift him out.  Happened 120mi north of me near Goldseeker's neighborhood.  It does happen once in awhile and a close friend has 50+ stitches in his arm from one mix up about 8-10 yrs ago...…..  Another reason I like the LOUD speaker on the Monster...might warn off any bear?  Only time you'll most likely have bear trouble is when you accidently surprise them. Usually if they hear you first they'll avoid you...Grizzly all bets are off, unpredictable.

• Like 2