The Question Even Drayton Can't Avoid

Alluminati

Come to think of it, I've never filmed myself either. Hmm.

Seriously though, it had never occurred to me to doubt Draytons finds, I just don't get that vibe.

The problem is more with the fame whores on youtube, everyone is a star, I guess we've come to the point of expecting video evidence now. Most the local detectorists are on youtube and I think one of them is cheating. I don't know for sure if this particular guy is cheating, it's just a gut feeling, he throws off all kinds of odd tells.

In the same way I can totally believe another detectorist finds like Garys.

The problem with demanding a video, is a video can be cheated too.

Spanish ships really did sink, I myself have figured out to find gold in my crap town so no doubt somebody can find Spanish treasure if they put in the time and the conditions are right.

Where is he getting all this Spanish jewelry in the first place? See the emeralds in some of that stuff? That type of jewelry can be tested to verify its authenticity, it doesn't just appear out of thin air. If it was already found, its been documented.

Have you noticed he doesn't just hunt in the ocean, but in the swamp on the other side of a jetty? That is the kind of thing a real detectorist figures out, the boat was blown over the jetty in a hurricane.

So we can agree to disagree on this one, I'm totally fine with it.

Drayton treasure.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 6:27 AM, kiwijw said:

Then you get people who walk past & when they are right beside you they go making  Beep Beep noises

:laugh: Oh man.. I hate those mugs.. could write a book over this stuff. Seems to be the same all over the world :happy:

• Like 1

Could it be?  :rolleyes:

I've been watching the series, always was interested in it since likely reading the same Readers Digest article they read as kids when I was a kid.  I think there was something there, at one time, but now, who knows. 

I told my wife last night as I was watching it, that it's funny they've spent millions and millions of dollars searching that island since their TV series started, and I've found more valuable stuff in one year, and for barely no investment then they've found their entire career there - LOL

• Like 1

That is the thing, they should have completely grided the island with metal detectors before the spent money on the big equipment. They would have a better lay of the land, bound to recover clues one way or the other.

I'm watching the second episode now, by the way the music is playing, they are going to find the treasure any minute.

5 hours ago, Alluminati said:

That is the thing, they should have completely grided the island with metal detectors before the spent money on the big equipment. They would have a better lay of the land, bound to recover clues one way or the other.

I'm watching the second episode now, by the way the music is playing, they are going to find the treasure any minute.

Could it be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The most ignorant...lol...thing anyone has said to me when they saw me metal detecting was, "get a job"...  In my mind

I think, to myself, "if ONLY those  people KNEW just how MUCH this metal detector cost..."  In most instances my metal detector

cost MORE than their car...go figger...

• Like 2

Gotta tell this one!:smile:  A few yrs. ago my wife & I was detecting a park in NM.----She had gotten tired & was resting in the car for a few minutes.---Meanwhile, a small group of young boys (early teens, nice kids) gathered around me where I was detecting.----I thought I'd have some fun with 'em so I put on a big show finding pull tabs and showing them my "finds".---I told them I was doing pretty good on p.t.'s today but was looking for coins because I was REAL poor!----I said to them---see that woman setting in that car over there--she's my wife & she's really poor to.----We're looking for enough money to pay for our license tags on that vehicle.----One of them asked how much they cost & I said---nah, couple hundred bucks.----He said "well, that ain't too bad".-----I guess they finally got tired of watching this old man trying to find money & left.:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"What's the most valuable thing you have found with that thing?".  That one seems to come up the most on beaches.  

Or...you'll run into the one upper that has found all sorts of far fetched stuff.  I had one guy tell me he found a whole jar of Confederate gold coins one time.  I asked him what he was doing vacationing in the poor man's side of the gulf of Mexico and not on his own private island.  ?

Drayton does come across as a bit arrogant in his books.  He is always going on about how much smarter he is vs "the competition".  He does have a YouTube channel in which he finds some gold jewelry.  He does live and hunt in the part of Florida in which I consider to be where the wealthier people vacation.  The poor people like me save and scrape up enough money to go to PCB, Destin, or Gulf Shores.  The higher rollers go to Ft. Lauderdale and that area that Drayton hunts.  They may very well lose a $3,000 ring there...while people on the Destin side can barely afford Tungsten rings. Haha.  

JUST MY OPINION BUT DON'T YOU NEED AN ACTUAL TREASURE TO BE  A TREASURE HUNTER? 

CJC

• Like 1