Sign in to follow this  
idahogold

Hold On To Your Popcorn! Relic Targets Everywhere!

Enjoy  My 😍 Lol! Ig

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

love him. 😚

1. should I be swinging my coil that fast?

2. do all relic hunters dig such big holes?

3. is it possible he is on a dump site, hence the junk?

4. what were the signals he was bypassing?

1.probably not

2. only if they dont want to damage a big target....Roman Treaure Box

3.Anythings possible"

4. Minelab must be showing Iron,,,Hes looking for Ag / Au coinage

Cheers Ig

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That be Craig Denney from the west country,they speak funny and have a weird sense of Humour,but he is a very good detectorist,but he has been experiment in a big way with 'Geophyising' and combining this also with detecting,the Geophyising machine is a cheap setup compared with what is on the market,but it does add another dimension too his hobby.

A few weeks back he was a on a old pasture site and found what is probably a DMV 'desert medieval village' and that would not have normally been found without him doing his 'Geophyising' so although is equipment is very basic but his interpretation of the basic graphs do make sense and you can see features that other wise you would not see,so this does give him some advantage of just using a metal detector.

This is his Geophyising channel

Must admit i am finding this additional subject interesting as its a bolt on piece of equipment that can aid 'relic/artifact/hoard' hunting especially here in the UK.

• Like 3

All you buggers speak funny over there. Depending on what part of the UK, different levels of funniness.:biggrin: Unlike us out in the colonies, apart from the Aussies, we speak the Queen's english :laugh: I like how when quoting measurements from the tape measure it is metric & when he sticks his spike into the ground it is imperial. :rolleyes:

All jesting aside my lovers, thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck out there

JW :smile:

PS  Sorry just bored. It is snowing outside :ohmy: & I can't/dont want to go to work & can't go for a detect.:rolleyes:

An hour ago

20181119_082645

Now

20181119_095417

20181119_095440

Just when I thought the snow was all over as it had virtually gone, even from the hills. :unsure:

JW :smile:

• Like 1

I thought the snow went up down there!

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kickindirt
      A friend and I spent a couple days swinging around a couple junk filled ghost towns. I am very familiar with the Xp deus. I had also brought with the new to me Xp ORX. I spent my time swinging both the deus/ORX with the 9 Hf, 9x5Hf and my LF 11x13 coils. I found some good stuff and was really able to put the new ORX to work. I kept the ORX equipped with the 9x5hf coil. Deus with 9Hf coil. Also have my 11x13 on a straight shaft to easily switch to that. These site have been hit hard over the last few years by me and a ton of other people and have seen 3 to 4 large group hunts. Heres a few pics

• By Dan(NM)
      Got out with the Equinox again to do a little civil War era hunting. I hunted a fort that was occupied from 1851 thru 1862. I dug a lot of trash but I managed to rescue a few keepers.

• By Busho
      Hi guys. Here's some finds made with the Eqx 8000 on monday. Was pretty happy with the outcome. One Chinese coin and the Broach was in some fairly hot ground under some rocks and mineralised clay from an old lead throw out heap. Around 8 or so inches roughly. I like the 800 but it really is screaming out for a 10 inch elliptical or similar. Some type of solid coil. 

• By Cal_Cobra
      Tom and I have detected this stage stop several times and were eager to return after our last trip there produced a rare $5 gold coin (tu)
      GL&HH,
      Cal

• By Dan(NM)
      Had a great day hunting in West Texas  at a very target-rich environment. I was using the 800 equipped with the 6-inch coil, that's a deadly combination 🙂

• By Tnsharpshooter
      First outing with the bigger 15”x12” coil for Equinox.  At first today not as windy but as the day progressed super duper windy.  Hunting same site basically where the 3 silver bits/coins were found this past Friday.  I used the coil for aprox 2.5 hours.  Not a bad feel using this coil on Equinox.  A minesweeper for sure.  Only run in field 2 speed 5 iron bias 0.  Sens at 23 and detector was very stable.  I think it helps to have some Nox time under your belt land hunting using stock before one embarks using this monster coil.  Second target of the day about 2.5 minutes into actual detecting sweeping time another BINGO.  Another Spanish cut bit real small.  Even smaller than the one I found with Deus Hf elliptical coil some time ago about 500 yards from where I was today.  Buried undisturbed it read 14/15 on sweeps.  When plug was dug and inverted signal jumped to 20.  My friend Scott got target out of plug and sure enough another bit. 
      I apologize for the wind.  But figured these bits don’t come easy.  Had to show some video.
      On a side note.
      I changed to stock coil and the wind got real stiff. Like 30 plus and even higher gusts.  I couldn’t hear very well using my wi stream module and Walkman style headphones.  Remember now I have quite a few hours of hunting using Wi stream in this site.  So I turned on the Bluetooth and proceeded.  I instantly could tell/hear the delay.  After 10 minutes they went back in the truck and I again put wi stream setup back on and kept going.
      Not all finds shown in this short video today.
      Will post a few pics.
      Also I talk iin this video.  The detector used to try and see if it can hear the bit before dug was actually a Kruzer 14 detector with 11” dd coil of off my Anfibio multi.  I said in video in one spot  it was a Anfibio multi.  Not true.
      This big Coil seems can strike small targets.
      Here is pic of Spanish bit.  Quite a bit thinner than US clad dime.  Clad dime in pic for scale.  Likely this bit off of a 1700s era coin.