Is The Day Of A Single Frequency Detector Past ?

It is so many single frequency detectors out there and yes some do have more you can access. It really don’t make any difference it’s still one frequency at a time.

What I can’t understand is more are being made and if not on the market already like we’ve seen this year . It will be another nugget and coin detector should be out by the end of November. Oh it’s telling how many frequency you can hunt in but still one at a time.

I know I sound like a broken record saying one at a time but that’s the truth of the matter.

When Minelab came out with the Equinox they raised the bar at a higher level that others have yet to reach . This is what all of the other detector companies have to strive for . If they can just equal the Equinox will keep them in the running. 

I don’t see Minelab just sitting back without looking at the Equinox saying how can we make it better. 

I myself is swinging a single frequency detector and I do like it . I’m not saying they don’t have a place in the detector market but over time will be less and less . 

I’ve owned a Equinox 800 and I loved it but had it with the wait on a small coil so I sold it. If some others don’t come out with something to equal it in early 2019 I’ll get me another Nox .

Chuck

CZ two at time.  DFX two at a time.  Minelab BBS & FBS three channel at a time, V3 three at a time.   Equinox two at a time.

What the Equinox brings to the table that is different from past multifreq is the ability to select which two freqs are matched together via the program selections.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Mike

Everyone you said is inside other than the Nox  a sardine can and got the weight to go with it.

Who said the Equinox can run only in two frequency ? It is what you call a true Mult Frequency detector.

Like history it’s in the pass and some not all detectors are too .

Chuck 

This is what one can do One frequency-every frequency has its own advantages and disadvantages, while Multifrequency .. can use these benefits and suppress the inconveniences. The next multifrequency is much more information and data about the signal that is to be processed into the detector .. Even a single-frequency detector can be very good if it is properly designed and set on a given field ...and the same type  of searching...

• Like 1

Marketing speak requires a different dictionary.   Rather than tell you outright which of the five frequencies are being combined/processed for a certain target group for a certain program, they just say the program is 'weighted' toward that target group.   Fairly easy to deduce which ones are in play for each program just by looking at the target group of the program.   I'm not saying its a bad detector or that its not a true multi-frequency detector.  

What I would like see in true simultaneous multi-frequency detectors is the ability to select frequencies to correlate target responses with.   The Whites V3 correlate feature is big step forward in multi-frequency discrimination processing.   I hope someone will build upon that someday and take it to the next step or build more functionality around it.  

HH

Mike

• Like 1

Mike

I have to agree with you that White’s has some great platforms to work off of but will they do it. That’s the big question.

Chuck 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I am sure the Equinox runs all 5 frequencies at once, this is proven at my house when in gold mode and multi frequency which is heavily weighted to the 20 and 40khz. I get bad interference from my house however when you bounce through all the single frequencies 5khz is the problem one and the others are stable so it shows even in gold mode in multi frequency 5khz must be enabled.

Park MF is 7.8k+39k.

Beach MF is 7.8k+18.5k.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Alluminati said:

Nice little nugget there.

How about Gold and Field, how do the "weighings" change these numbers, or is that done after the fact?

Thanks!

Field is the same as Park as I recall. Gold is primarily 40k with a smidgen of 5k, again my recollection. Don't have my notes with me. The smidgen appeared to me to be a pretty useless amount, so it may have been thrown in just to say the gold mode has multi-IQ.

• Like 2