Is The Day Of A Single Frequency Detector Past ?

16 hours ago, Dubious said:

Isn't it established that the Nox always transmits 5 frequencies, and that the mode just determines how the received signals are processed and the frequencies weighted?

Who established that?

• Like 1

Equinox-multifrequency-do not take 5 frequencies only in terms of sensitivity and range, it is the exact iD ... computation, and removal of ground signal - in depth and mineralization, salted water. , it divides the equinox from the normal VLF .. Clearly the possibilities of improvement here would be-I would envision the expanded ID, + 10  extra numeric ID  in  for low conductive objects in type 2 programs and gold programs...and it's perfect...Of course the multifrequency has a precise and strong impact - even in a small weight category...-test sniper coils...-4 bar tekG2 ,mineralizaded ground...

November 16 iphone5S 2018 012_DxO.jpg

Hi All,

Thanks to Steve H. and Phrunt for wording my same opinion so well.

For all other manufacturers it will be step up to the new technology or weep. Everyone had the chance, but Minelab was the first to produce one and beat the others to it. 

In the future it will be choose or loose, I think. But what do I know? I'm just a hobby-detectorist, who is happy with my choice of detector and I wish everybody luck, happiness and great finds with their choices, whether it be an Equinox or another type or brand. ?

Greetings,

Bob'ke

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

What you are possibly indicating is multi IQ is basically a marketing gimmick, however.. even if multi IQ is over stated in it's abilities something is making the Equinox work better than a lot of other detectors...

I'm not arguing that the Equinox is a gimmick, a whole lotta people thinks it's a good detector and that's fine. I'm just stating what the detector is actually doing vs what Minelab would like people to believe it is doing. I've said it before, it completely baffles me why Minelab wants to lie about their technology when the truth is every bit as interesting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Geotech said:

Who established that?

Read it somewhere.  I believe the explanation was that in all modes the Equinox transmits a sinewave in each of the five frequencies in turn, repeating the sequence over and over; and that the mode determines how the received signals are processed.  Seems to make sense from an engineering point of view.  If this is in doubt, it's a question someone with a multi-trace oscilloscope (which I lack at present) should easily be able to answer.

1 hour ago, Dubious said:

If this is in doubt, it's a question someone with a multi-trace oscilloscope (which I lack at present) should easily be able to answer.

And that's what I've done.

• Like 4

The transmitting frequencies of 5khz and 40khz are used to create a TX square wave ...   ... The transmitted signals change according to the type of program..

• Like 1

compare the TX multi  frequency signals, in programs  of Equinox .. turn on the subtitles...time : 2:00"Park1,.. 2:15" Park2, 2:20"Field1,..2:25"Field2,..2:33"Beach1,..2:55"Beach2, 3:05" Gold1, ..3:20"Gold2..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

...fortunately I understand the Russian language, I put there timing for the programs of Equinox ..

• Thanks 1