Is The Day Of A Single Frequency Detector Past ?

On 12/16/2018 at 12:29 PM, maxxkatt said:

I think the key marketing phrase is "Multi-Frequency Range" and showing under it all 5 frequencies. What they should say is you can choose 2 frequencies from this range of frequencies or  two combinations of frequencies from this range of frequencies.

This is why we need smart guys to get down into the weeds and parse out the truth.

Well you (the detectorist) can't choose, the choosing is done by the detector designer and is tied to the mode selected.  They probably chose the 5 frequencies used in the graphic based on what they enabled as the selectable single frequency points.

• Like 1

Equinox programs have their logic..  : Test-tiny pieces Alu foil-and coin umasking..-using low sensitivity..

...1. test small non-ferous pieces and coin , 2.test small ferous pieces and coin...  Unmasking...in programs -using low sensitivity... 

• Like 3

I added the Fisher Coin Strike to the Metal Detector Database and while getting info found this tale of deception by a metal detector manufacturer. Read this post and the ones that follow by woof! (First Texas engineer Dave Johnson) for a look at how management can think.

I long ago became a cynic regarding this type of stuff which tends to immunize me from the BS. I do have some extra cynicism available for those lacking sufficient quantities! :laugh:

• Like 2

I think all of the companies have waded into the Marketing Malarkey at one time or another. White's once advertised the DFX as running 6 frequencies. Garrett once claimed the Infinium was 99 frequencies, though that one gave me a chuckle as it was clearly a tongue-in-cheek poke at Minelab. Recently, FTP marketing was wanting to make some kind of weird technical claim about the upcoming Impulse/Manta, but (hopefully) I shot that one down. If a product is good, you shouldn't have to lie about it. And if you do have to lie about a product, it means a lot of other things have gone wrong.

• Like 5