New Show - Aquachigger Hunts UK Rivers

05369FED-AABA-4891-B666-A5C96C1905C9.jpeg
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 - 10:15

A+E Networks® UK today announced the commission of a brand new series, River Hunters, from Hello Halo Productions for flagship channel HISTORY®.

The 8x60’ series pairs US YouTube sensation Beau Ouimette, a river detectorist with over 30 years’ experience, with presenter and keen swimmer Rick Edwards, as they search the UK’s waterways for archaeological finds. 

River Hunters will see Rick and river-searching expert Beau, visit some of the most historically significant sites across Britain: covering iconic events and battles including Roman Briton, the Wars of the Roses, the Reformation and the English Civil War. Their searches of these unexplored rivers and waterways unearth treasures from the past which reveal how our various ancestors used to live.

As the artefacts surface from under layers of silt and rocks, the duo will meet with local archaeologists and historians to unearth the stories and people behind the finds.  Spanning each river’s layered past, the new series will offer a fresh perspective and even redefine our history as we know it.

Using state-of-the-art technology, archive maps and contemporaneous accounts from the period, Beau and Rick perform the first underwater archeological digs in some of the most exciting and iconic historical sites in Britain, often in dangerous and fast-flowing water.  

River Hunters was commissioned by Dan Korn, VP of Programming for A+E Networks UK. Diana Carter, Commissioning Editor for A+E Networks UK, will executive produce the series for HISTORY.

Dan Korn said:  By delving into Britain’s unexplored waterways, this series offers a unique glimpse into the passages of history which shaped our Island Nation and the ways of life of the various invaders and occupiers down the centuries. Some of the artefacts are truly breathtaking and shed new light on the richness of British history, and Beau and Rick’s blossoming partnership over the course of the series is a delight to behold.

Rick Edwards commented: I’m delighted that we’re able to put to bed the idea that it's just shopping trolleys and old bikes in the UK's rivers - we found some truly extraordinary artefacts, bringing whole new perspectives to the stories from our rich past. I also got very cold.

Wendy Rattray, Managing Director of Hello Halo, developed the series with Head of Development Natalie Hill, who is also Executive Producer, with Julie Grant as Series Producer.

Natalie Hill said: With rivers largely unexplored in the UK, but integral to our rich past, this is a unique opportunity to find treasures long forgotten and untouched – from discarded and lost items, to offerings to gods -  each river will tell a tale never seen before.

The new series will air on HISTORY in the UK in 2019. HISTORY is available on Sky, Virgin, BT and TalkTalk.

Source: https://www.aenetworks.tv/news/history-takes-rick-edwards-and-youtube-river-hunter-beau-ouimette-mission-find-underwater

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I sure like aquachiggers YouTube videos. They are some of the most enjoyable without being annoying.

• Like 1

aquachiggers river crossing cache was an epic find.  Glad he got this gig, he was running out of steam on his more recent Youtube videos IMO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

I sure like aquachiggers YouTube videos. They are some of the most enjoyable without being annoying.

Yep nice guy with a good attitude..pulls a lot of big stuff out of the water. 

strick

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

I don't mind they're swinging Garretts, I do dislike they obviously didn't get to choose what detector they wanted to use as both are swinging shiny brand new Garretts when the show is sponsored by Garrett..  That was the good thing about Aussie Gold Hunters even though sponsored by Minelab they clearly got to choose what they wanted to use and didn't get provided detectors, I even asked The Gold Gypsies why they suddenly changed to Garrett over their GPX's and got a very honest response.

Hopefully the show is good, it looks like it might be.

Garret puts money into advertising...Minelab puts money into new technology....  Let the product speak for itself.

strick 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2019 at 10:19 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

aquachiggers river crossing cache was an epic find.  Glad he got this gig, he was running out of steam on his more recent Youtube videos IMO.

For sure. Recent vids where pretty boring.  Hard to keep finding good sites.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 1:19 AM, Cal_Cobra said:

Yup, yup.. It was that find that got me to watching some of his vids.. He was good up through the Alaska trip.. Things started getting a bit off around the time of the overseas trip though, not of his doing the way I saw it.. Glad he got a pro break.. Should relate well in the show..

Swamp