Complete Carbon-fiber Shaft System For The Equinox...

steveg

Maybe something that you could use a series of washers made of lead or SS for weight.  What i liked about the bow weight was it put it well behind the cuff for better weight adjustment based on your comfort.   Makes a big difference in balance.

• Like 1

Dew --

That's pretty much what I'm thinking -- I'm planning to use lead shot (bird shot -- like #8) for the weighting, filling the inside of the tubes with the proper amount of shot to achieve the necessary weight (again, different-weight tubes will be available).  And yes, with the tubes threading into the back end of the shaft, i.e. extending back beyond the handle and arm cuff, it makes it easier to achieve proper balance (the farther the weight is from the "fulcrum" of the lever, the less the amount of weight that is needed to achieve balance).

When I was doing the testing, it was AMAZING what it felt like to swing a perfectly balanced Equinox!  It basically "floats" in your hand!

Steve

Steve....... ive had a counterweight from the get go on mine.   I was on the beach helping a lady with hers and  hers was so light (id forgotten how light)....... so i took mine off..... well for one hunt, then realized like you did a balanced machine can be worth having  even if it weighs a bit more.  Good luck on the project.

• Like 1

dew -- interesting, and it confirms what I experienced...

Curious -- do you know how much weight you are using?  I'll be interested to see, once I start calculating necessary weights, where my findings fall, with respect to what you are using...

Steve

Mine is extended 8" out the back .... weight about 18 ounces.   Obviously that could be decreased with length.  It gives mine balance yet with an extended lower shaft yet the weight is still somewhat on the coil end for use in the water.   Its one of those things you can remove quickly since mine is attached with a plunger lock.  You may find the plunger cheaper to do than threads since all it does is keep it attached.   The length of my swing from coil to handle/box is exactly the same as my Xcal for long sweeps.

• Like 1

Just a quick shout out to Steveg, received my Carbon Fiber Lower Rods !! Everything Good except the weather of course !!  :sad: But the shafts look & feel great on my Nox 800 coils. Thanks for walking me through the buying procedure, you made it simple even for me !! Haha !!!!!!! And thanks for getting them shipped so quickly, if the Postal Service hadn't held the package in Anchorage for 4 days, they would have made it to me before the winter freeze set in. Soooo Thanks Again !!!!!!! :smile:

20181210_113156_resized.jpg

• Like 2

Dew -- thanks for the info.  I appreciate it.

Dig It -- THANKS for the feedback, and the kind words.  Sorry the post office held the package up -- but I am really glad to hear that you are pleased with the rods!  I appreciate your business!

Steve

• Like 1