New Member In Phoenix, Az

DanT

Hi folks been lurking around a couple of these forums for a few years decided to start getting off my rear. and try it instead of reading about it.  Bought a new Polaris ranger and been going out rockhounding abit. Now think wanna buy a detector and  see what is out here. Been looking at the  Nokta gold Kruzer and  either the gold monster or the equinox 800.. seems the gold Kruzer you get the best bang for your buck  ??  but comparing to others is it close to the same or would I be losing ?

when the ml5000 just came out I wanted to get it but never did. And can't justify the expense yet for 1  ..   Would love for someone who does know area and  what they are doing to go out with anytime . I'm retired so time is free  lol  well mostly

• Like 1

Dan, I believe Surprise is not far from Morristown, AZ, where Nuggetshooter aka Bill Southern has a detector shop.  He posts videos of his exploits with the Goldmonster on Youtube, and organizes events, and should be a good source of information for your area.

• Like 2

Yea his is 1 of the sites I've lurked on for a few years I did call him a couple weeks ago. and he pointed me to a couple sites to visit b4  starting this. going out today for rocks think I'll wait till the weekend to decide on a detector. (Black Friday might b a deal somewhere ) he is kinda pointing me to the equinox 800. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome !!!!  A lot good choices out there, and a lot of info for those choices, hope you like reading !!!!!!

Happy Hunting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dan T.  I am new to this forum, I joined on the 13th of December. I was reading your post about which detector to buy. I have the Minelab 5000 and it was hard to justify paying alot of cash for a detector. I have a vlf Garret scorpion gold stinger metal detector as well. The Minelab is far and away the best. I bought mine used on ebay and was nervous about getting ripped off. I did alot of research to make sure it was an authentic Minelab but have never regretted buying it. It is a very easy machine to understand. It comes ready to go out of the box. Is all you have to do is turn it on follow the instructions in the book and the factory presets do the rest. I have had mine since 2015 and am still learning but have found just about 8 ounces, which is more than enough to pay for the machine.The main thing you have to do is go where gold has already been found or do some research on your own. On ebay the price has come down considerably since I bought mine with the Minelab 7000 coming out. If you haven"t purchased anything yet really take a good look at the Minelab as you won't regret buying one. Good luck.

• Like 3