Testing On The 24K Today

Buzzard

I was doing some testing on my 24K to see how it sounded on Meteorites, well on sound with no musical note it just got a ZIP ZIP , but when I changed to the Musical note showing I got the Grunt.

This was tested on a 10 gram Franconia and a 7 gram Gold Basin.....numbers was a solid 1....just what I found today and thought I would share....

Getting to know this machine a little better.

• Like 2

Thanks Buzzard, your test result is what I would expect from ordinary chondrites, since they're composed of iron silicates and elemental iron alloyed with a small percentage of nickel. I should be able to field hunt with my 24k at the Yucca DCA (Franconia) soon. Can't wait to see how well the XGB handles the super-hot variable ground on the north half of the strewn field.

• Like 2

Buzzard, most all iron targets, the majority of hot rocks, and many high-iron meteorites, will read out on the Goldmaster 24 as 1. In other words, 1% chance of it being non-ferrous, and 99% chance of it being ferrous. However, with my 24k I have encountered some hot rocks that bounce back and forth as "1" and then as "99". The so-called "wrap-around" effect.

Take care not to discard a meteorite believing it to be a common hot rock. But then again, we cannot "wish" a hot rock "into" being a meteorite.

I have prepared a one page "cheat sheet" detailing each adjustable feature on the 24k, how to quickly adjust them, and the optimum settings for searching for really small gold nuggets under highly mineralized Mojave Desert soil conditions. With these settings I have recovered gold microflakes weighing less than 1/10th grain. Since I have not yet transferred this information to an internet-linked computer, it will have to be sent via regular mail. PM me your address and I will send a copy gratis. HH Jim 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Sounds good , let me know how you do....I only live about 40 miles from Franconia....

Will do.