15x12 Fresh Water Beach Hunt

Dig It

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I’m so late to the party but I just wanted to say the photos of where you hunt are awesome. What a great place to hunt .

Looks like the water would be a great place to hunt as well. Probably freezing cold though.

I'm looking forward to purchasing the 15x12” coil after Christmas.

Best of Luck out there!

BH

• Like 2

Its Dec. 7th and its pouring rain outside, this is Alaska and things should be covered in SNOW & Ice !!!! Maybe the beach sand has thawed enough and I can go for a hunt today. ( Should be receiving my Carbon Fiber Lower Rod Ends today  :smile:  )  I know a few nickels and maybe a ring or 2  have to be waiting for me, and if Mother Nature is gonna give me a couple extra days of detecting, I'LL TAKE IT !!!!!!

Happy Hunting

• Like 3

I'm impressed about a couple things:

1) you keep a notebook of detector info (and even take it along hunting);

2) you don't let a rainstorm (and presumably less than ideal temperature) in December stop you from hunting.  Just reminds me how different Alaska and northern Canada are from middle of lower 48.  I guess if you had to await perfect weather (and on top of that, no bugs ?) you'd be forced to sell the detector and find an indoor hobby.  I'll never complain about gray 35F days again.  (Oh, I have a few of those upcoming; better charge my detector!)

• Like 3

Hi GB_Amateur, that notebook serves a couple purposes : It carries 2 full manuals Nox 800 / GPZ 7000 with all pages in clear sheet protectors so as I try different settings I can write on each pg. with a non-permanent marker and then erase when finished. Then at the end of both manuals are blank sheets for info I know I will forget if I don't write down. 

And yes sometimes if you want to detect you just have to bite the bullet & suck it up and go for a swing, even if the weather isn't fully cooperating, otherwise as most of us know, you just can't wait for perfect weather if you want to get out. Although I just realized I didn't order a set of those water proof headphones I have seen on forum. ( The ones that have been mentioned somewhere on forum, that some of you have bought & are happy with. ) soooo the spending continues !!  

And phrunt you hit it on the head, I am wanting to hunt this beach a few more times before the campers come bck. and trash the beach again, I have been cleaning a ton of trash off this section of beach, and feel there will be some sort of find that will make it all good.

Happy Hunting

• Like 1

Hi Chase Goldman, frozen ground is why I bought a Milwaukee Rotary Hammer & bits for this past March, with the pinpoint function on 800 & if I feel I have clean an area of trash, frozen ground doesn't  Scare Me !! LOL !!!!  Cabin fever makes you do things !!!!!!! Haha !!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting

20180416_172451_resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I remember now when you first posted that monster rotary hammer pic.  Yeah I am not a big fan of detecting with a pick axe and throwing plug clods next to fire to thaw out the finds - BUT I HAVE DONE IT!  lol.  I'll take a cold winter rain mosh pit detecting session any time though, if its a good site.

• Like 1