Large Nox Coil ( Can You See Me Now? )

mn90403

Phrunt,

Yes, I finally had to copy the photos to the SD card on this Chromebook (the windows computer is too old and slow now on the Chrome browser) and then upload them to the forum.

As to the letter opener, it is too thick to be one.  I have several.  This sword has a couple of rings at the top that will let it dangle from something like a chain.  Since they are not broken I assume a chain or clasp broke.

Mitchel

Fred,

I hope to go to The Dale but I'd be alone.  Maybe an overnighter in the 4Runner or just a day trip.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Fred,

My asking/telling about the 'sterling' mark was that it is my understanding that the .925 came later in markings and perhaps that it just says sterling makes a difference?

I guess there are some that made a choice depending on the piece.

Mitchel

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

My asking/telling about the 'sterling' mark was that it is my understanding that the .925 came later in markings and perhaps that it just says sterling makes a difference?

I guess there are some that made a choice depending on the piece.

This might clear things up (or not):

http://www.modernsilver.com/basichallmarks.htm

3 hours ago, Alluminati said:

Maybe that letter opener thing is Religious or Masonic. Check it out some more, it's really cool.

It's got some age if it says Sterling instead of .925.

What is the yellow thing in the green scoop?

The yellow thing in the scoop is a ferrite ring which we use to ground balance a GPZ 7000.  When I found it out in the desert I knew I was not the first one to use this powerful detector over this hill.  I was still able to find 1 half gram nugget.

Mitchel 

Yes, when we get all of our settings the way we like it on the 7000 we then do a noise cancel and the final ground balance is to place a ferrite ring on a typical patch of ground and swing over it.  The 7000 tells us we are finished and gives us an icon to 'pick up your ring!'

Someone didn't do that in this case.

• Like 1