Another fantastic development of your mapping / land use and ownership system Barry. It truly amazes me what you folks have accomplished. Land Matters is the most complete one stop land information repository available to the general public as well as professionals.

Thank you to you and all of your people, hope you have a great thanksgiving.

Mike 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By ColonelDan
      I thought I’d try using a pedometer just to see how far I stroll along the beach on my hunts.
      The reviews I’ve read on many are not very complimentary.  It seems the common complaint centers on accuracy and battery life.
      I’d appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
      Thanks

• By Denver Bryan
      I thought it would be cool to overlay a geological map onto a topographical map.  And maybe a property map onto an aerial image map.  Then I would like to put these custom maps onto a smartphone GPS app.  That way when I’m in the field, I can see that I’m in a favorable rock type area or approaching a private property boundary.
      I see that MapWindow is a free GIS software that will let me make map layers.  And for smartphones, it seems that Gaia GPS is a popular app.
      Does anyone have experience making custom maps on their desktop then downloading them onto a smartphone GPS app?  If so, what desktop software and smartphone app do you like?
      Google Earth has layering capability... has anyone use GE to create downloadable map files for a smartphone?
      PS, if you have done this for a handheld GPS instead of a smartphone I'd enjoy hearing about that as well.
      Thanks

• By walkerrj
      Thinking of downloading the Gaia GPS App to my iPhone.  Wondering if anyone has experience with this App?  Thanks for any input.
    • By greenguy79
      Hey guys!!
      So I'm wondering if anyone knows the Oregon law or can point me to a link (I've exhausted google on this) if I can use a recirculating sluice powered by a 12v battery back at camp and bring dirt up from the river to work.  I've put in phone calls down to Salem numerous times and have never received a call back.  I think after reading the 700 permit rules I would need this permit if I was discharging tailings back into the river but I'm unclear if I bring the dirt up if that's still a no-no.  Oregon mining laws in general are pretty frustrating to try and navigate.
      I really appreciate any information about this subject somebody might be able to point me to.
      Thanks a bunch!
      ~green
    • By mn90403
      We should have known earlier.  According to Clay at My Land Matters:
      Mining is exempt from lockdown Did you know mining activities have been declared an essential industry? Mining is on the US Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's ‘Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce’ list.
    • By Lunk
      I'm strictly a detector operator, so when a friend asked me about the ins and outs of dry washing on public lands, I was at a loss. I told him that I would ask the knowledgeable folks here on the forum. Specifically, is dry washing considered casual use of the land, just as metal detecting and panning are? Is a mining claim and/or notice of intent or plan of operation required for motorized dry washers? Thanks in advance for your insights!