MX Sport 749.00 - ? - Equinox 800 899.00

1 hour ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

I can say this straight up.

Might be a good idea when a manufacturer is designing/engineering a detector to show the audio it makes off to quite a few folks..early on (neutral folks).

How in the world the MX sport got the audio it did is beyond me.  It stinks big time !!!! A step backwards not forwards vs older older models they made. A $700 Box of rice crispies.  They couldn’t copy MXT audio?  

Btw I gave my unit away. Seriously - here....http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,113779,113779#msg-113779

Couldn't agree more.  Thought I was getting a waterproof MXT.  Boy was I wrong on that.  It had great potential, but failed on delivery.  Still have the MXT.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more, also. I was extremely disappointed with my MX7. I'm really glad I didn't go for the Sport. I had it for about 3 months and sold it at a  big loss. It did have so much potential, but it ended up being outdated technology in disguise instead of updated technology in an attractive package. Someone brought up the GPX 5000. Is it my imagination or do the GPX 4500, 4800 and 5000 feel lighter than the GP and SDs I used to swing. I'm not talking about the newer battery design. It just seems like the big blue box is a lot lighter. Or maybe all the workouts I do are helping my stamina.........

Jeff

Jeff,

Never had the older GPs or SDs, but my GPX 4800 is still pretty heavy, still bearable though.  Bring my Equinox or Deus with me at hunts where I am using the GPX so I can give my shoulder a break after a few hours.  I know I am losing depth when I do that, but it's better than the alternative of not being able to swing anything at all.  Lol.  Nevertheless, the 4800 is a pleasure to swing versus the tank-like ATX that I used to swing as my primary PI machine.

• Like 1