New Member From Se Michigan

Bozko

Hello All - I’m an aspiring detectorist, i.e. I don’t yet own a detector.  I have been investigating detectors, how to use them, where I can use them and how to use them responsibly.  My search led me to DetectorProspector.com and I feel like I have (please forgive me) hit the mother lode of information.  I have poked around the forum for a couple of days and love the friendly and positive tone of the forum and it’s members.  I have lots of questions but will continue exploring the wealth of information you good folks have already provided with your posts, reviews, and articles.  I’ll try not to ask questions that have already been answered.  I’m really looking forward to diving deeper into detecting and thank all members for contributing to such a great source of information and enjoyment!  Happy Hunting!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 1:18 PM, phrunt said:

Welcome to the team Bozko, Don't be afraid to ask questions, there will always be someone who has the answer for you, especially when it comes to buying your first detector.  Some posts you read might be 6 years old and a bit dated now with new technology on the market so it never hurts to ask, especially before buying.

Thanks phrunt!  Right now, I’m like a sponge, just soaking up as much information as I can.  Eventually, I’ll have questions and then I look forward to some future time when I too can contribute information to the forum.

34 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you TSS!  I just got done enjoying your video on speed settings.  Very helpful, thank you!  I’ll go back and “like” it.  Forum etiquette is still pretty new to me but I sure do appreciate the info.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
50 minutes ago, Bozko said:

Thank you TSS!  I just got done enjoying your video on speed settings.  Very helpful, thank you!  I’ll go back and “like” it.  Forum etiquette is still pretty new to me but I sure do appreciate the info.

You are welcome.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:11 PM, BeachHunter said:

Sorry I’m so late to the party. Welcome to the forum and best of luck.

Thanks BeachHunter!  I’m just working my way through the owner’s manual for the NOX 800.  I think I’ll get one this week or next.  I wish had your Southern Cal extended treasure hunting season but I’ll get in a bit of familiarization time with it throughout our Michigan so I’ll be ready to come out swinging in the spring.

• Like 1

You are welcome. I believe you will love the Equinox 800. Everything on the controller is laid out very well so it’s easy to get a grip on it and understand what’s going on. It won’t take long and soon you’ll be out finding treasure.

Best of Luck,

BeachHunter