Anyone Have A Lead On The 12"x15" Equinox Coil (used Or New)?

Cal_Cobra

Tried my usual dealers and nothing.  If anyone has a lead on one they want to share, or tried one and it's not your cup of tea and want to sell it, please PM me :smile:

• Like 1

I got mine this week from Amazon. I kept the Amazon search bookmarked "EQX 15 Double-D Smart Coil", checked it regularly, it popped up and I pounced on it. Also, do searches using the part number: 3011-0335.

I looked around too. Ended up getting one from http://metaldetectordistributors.com/  They were fast and efficient, getting me the coil in a couple days. They actually emailed me a couple days ago to let me know that they expected more in by yesterday in case I knew anyone else was looking... I would email them to check if they got them in.

METDETDIST@aol.com 

• Like 1

Cal_Cobra -- did you find what you were looking for, in terms of a supplier for your 15x12?  My dealer is sending mine tomorrow, and he said his wait list is relatively short now, after this most recent shipment...

Steve

• Like 1

Ugh, due to work sucking up most of my time and family holidays I dropped the ball on chasing down one of these coils.  I see the ones that were on ebay too, and their all sold out.  

I'll keep an eye out, who knows, maybe a used one will show up.  I'm not sure it's going to be my cup of tea as most of my sites benefit from smaller not larger coils, but I'd still like to have one for the beach and the few sites that might benefit from more coverage. 

The big coil added a solid inch or more in my soil which I did not expect, being it’s only an inch wider then the stock coil.  Very light, not nearly as nimble in trash as the stock, but if you have a site with very deep coins it’s definitely worth getting. This coil makes my Equinox now the deepest detector I’ve owned for my location surpassing both my CTX and E-Trac with big coils. 

Bryan

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

The big coil added a solid inch or more in my soil which I did not expect, being it’s only an inch wider then the stock coil.  Very light, not nearly as nimble in trash as the stock, but if you have a site with very deep coins it’s definitely worth getting. This coil makes my Equinox now the deepest detector I’ve owned for my location surpassing both my CTX and E-Trac with big coils. 

Bryan

Yeah I gotta get one.  So it's deeper then the big old 17" CTX coil?  If so, that's saying something.

Thanks,
Cal

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Yeah I gotta get one.  So it's deeper then the big old 17" CTX coil?  If so, that's saying something.

Thanks,
Cal

Yes. Deeper then the CTX/17 and E-Trac/Tornado combos in my soil.  What is surprising is how hard it hits coins at depth. 10” pennies and dimes are solid hits with very good ID.  I would on occasion hit 10” coins with the CTX and E-Trac but they were very quiet, subtle signals that you felt very lucky that you actually discovered..  I am starting to loose track but I have one particular park with deeper then average coins for my area that I have pulled around 40 old coins from using this big coil, with 90% of them being between the 9 and 10” range.  Very fun and exciting seeing a park start giving up coins like this again. 

I’m finding on average 5 coins to every 1 that my friend is with his V3i and MX Sport running 15” Butterfly coils, hunting at the same time. That is definitely not the norm for us and I can see he is getting discouraged.. We always stayed pretty even when I ran FBS against his V3i. He is extremely proficient with it. 

I want to make clear that this coil reopened one particular park for me with no doubt. Two other parks I went to with the big coil showed no improvement over the stock coil because there is just was no real deep coins there. 

I’m primarily a city park turf hunter after old coins. Clad and jewelry don’t excite me. My default hunting program is Park 1- 50 Tones - Iron Bias 0- Recovery Speed 5 - Sensitivity 22 - Manual GB. I tweak the Recovery Speed and Sensitivity as needed but don’t stray too far from these settings. 

Bryan

• Like 5