Findmall Closes All White’s Forums

Very sad indeed.  I doubt the threads are truly erased from the server, but they are not accessible;  I tried.  ?

Wonder why? Kind of unusual to do that without some kind of major disagreement between the two.

I bookmarked the White's V3I thread Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links and it just came up, so it's still there...just buried!

Bill

• Like 1

Probably White's, like FTP, has recognized that the majority of the action has moved from forums to social media. I think the heyday of the forum is behind us. No point in paying for vanishing returns, especially when social media is free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

All the Whites stuff is now in the Metal detecting forum...mixed in with the other stuff in there...

Even from the TDI classroom?

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wouldn't say that, there are many people including myself who have no intentions of every getting involved in social media websites like Facebook.  They're not what I would consider a go-to place for information.

Also, if you google something like "Gold Monster 1000 finds gold" you won't find any links at all to Facebook or similar sites, but you do see links to forums.

This forum is still getting thousands of hits a day, I doubt White's would be wanting their content removed off a forum, unless of course it was just showing them in a negative light compared to their competitors.

I too have resisted Facebook and other nonsense social media.   Social media seems to fall short with meaningful information, unlike a forum. This forum is my mainstay detecting forum and hopefully sites like these continue when fad sites like Facebook wane. 

• Like 4