Tesoro Metal Detector Information Magazine

tesoro-2010-metal-detector-information-2

The Tesoro Metal Detector Information Magazine was last published in 2010. It has lots more than just descriptions of Tesoro metal detectors. From the forward:

WELCOME to the 22nd edition of the Tesoro Electronics’ Metal Detector Information (MDI) magazine. The MDI has been a thirty-year journey to share stories, provide field tests, and guide customers to the metal detectors that satisfy their hunting needs. This MDI has a slightly different format. While we still have many guidelines and a few stories, we are reprinting field tests for all the available Tesoro products. These are field tests from previous MDI’s or other sources, so you will see “reprint of” by most of the bylines. We hope that these field tests will help with your selection of Tesoro products, whether you are looking for your first machine or your latest upgrade."

and the table of contents:

Do You Have A Question?—by James Gifford ................................4
Pieces of History—by Mike Harvey .................................................11
Lobo SuperTRAQ Field Test—by Chris Gholson ..........................12
Lil’ piece of El Dorado—by Sherry Spalding ................................15
Compadre Field Test—by Gordon S. Gibson.................................16
Silver Umax Field Test—by Ron Barnes.........................................18
Cibola Field Test—by Ron Barnes ..................................................20
Vaquero Field Test—by Ben Meyers ...............................................22
Tesoro Metal Detectors .....................................................................26
Lord of the Rings—by Ken Dewerson ............................................36
Sand Shark Field Test—by Ben Meyers..........................................37
Tiger Shark Field Test—by Andy Sabisch ......................................40
DeLeon Field Test—by Ron Barnes ................................................42
Golden Umax Field Test—by Joe Patrick .......................................44
Cortes Field Test—by Michael O. Smith .........................................46
Hawkeye —by Ben Marshall.............................................................49
Recommended Recovery Methods-by Robert H. Sickler .............50
Tesoro Metal Detector Comparison Chart ......................................51
Can You Choose the Right Detector?—by Casey Stern...............52
Tesoro Does It Again—by Robert Terry .........................................54
Tejon Field Test—by Andy Sabish...................................................55
Treasure Hunter’s Glossary-Adapted from W&E Treasures ........58
Metal Detectorist’s Code of Ethics..................................................60
Tesoro U.S. & International Distributors.........................................61
Tesoro Authorized Dealers...............................................................62

The magazine is still available for download here and as a freebie is well worth the addition to anyone's metal detecting library. You can find more free books at this websites Metal Detecting & Prospecting Library.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Not sure how I missed this. Interesting reading. I'm not convinced the FUN factor has been improved on.

• Like 3

I would like to call special attention to the glossary of terms starting on page 58. A great primer for beginners, if a tad dated. I think at some point I may tackle an updated version for this website, with the latest terms and acronyms included. But for anyone confused by terminology, the glossary in this booklet is one of the best.

Too bad they let the company die. I always appreciated Tesoro's support for the little guy, and their no BS approach to marketing.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 12:02 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I would like to call special attention to the glossary of terms starting on page 58. A great primer for beginners, if a tad dated. I think at some point I may tackle an updated version for this website, with the latest terms and acronyms included. But for anyone confused by terminology, the glossary in this booklet is one of the best.

Too bad they let the company die. I always appreciated Tesoro's support for the little guy, and their no BS approach to marketing.

every m.d.i. was loaded with practical, useful info.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

• Like 1