Fisher Metal Detector Lineup Fall 2018

Free trade causes disruption of national economies - local high cost production has to change or disappear when world-scale producers have access to the local market.  First Texas creates lots of good jobs in El Paso because they can export container loads of metal detectors to Europe, Asia Africa and the rest of the world.  They also create jobs in Mexico because one or more facilities that they operate there do detail fabrication of  components which go to El Paso for incorporation into the detectors produced in El Paso.  This is exactly the same process used by many US and international companies to produce components and sub assemblies in Mexico - very often using US sourced components - which are then imported to the US for incorporation into US products.  

I have no specific information on advanced technology being developed by any detector maker, including First Texas. I am quite sure however that they are willing to spend money and engineering manhours on new products,  I’m sure that they are aware that current detector technology is vulnerable to a breakthrough.  It has been essentilly “stuck” for a couple of decades.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the current Fisher models have been added to the new Metal Detector Database with User Reviews

I have Bounty Hunter almost done, and have barely started on Teknetics, but have placeholders created for most current models. Please help others by leaving your own review of any First Texas model you have owned. Thanks!

fisher-f75-poster.jpg.62ff68a89025d81313
Fisher F75 Special Edition

• 3 weeks later...

But the large layoff in December of 2017 indicated either they needed to trim the fat or sales were down to a point where something had to be done.