phrunt

Another Ring For The Collection With The Nox 12x15 Coil

Nice bit of hunting!  I love ski lifts!  Was the ring marked?  Would be odd to see real diamonds set in silver, maybe CZ's.  Hope they are real, a nice keeper.

GaryC/OregonCoast

• Like 1

yep, its marked silver, they probably are fake unless someone had a gold allergy 🙂

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

At the moment my life is pretty restricted,

You get that with having a wife & a child.....:laugh: Give it another 10 - 12 years & it will just be wivey. 😉 If she can still put up with you. :biggrin:

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Well done Phrunt.

Where ever people are or where they have been we lose things.

I don't wear any jewelry so I'm not going to lose that but I lose parts and pieces of everything else I use!

Mitchel

• Like 1

yep, I have been known to lose things from time to time, I took my daughter to KFC last night after our metal detecting hunt for some dinner, I had a bag of stuff I'd bought at various shops as we looked around town, about $30 worth of stuff.... of course we left KFC without the bag, realized at 11pm last night I didn't have the bag then remembered where I left it 🙂

One of those days!

The Dust storm in Australia even made it to Brisbane, here is a photo my wife took leaving Brisbane heading for Canberra, the dust in Brisbane seemed pretty bad.

1507058672_duststorm.thumb.jpg.2ee5767f5c0a82998ddf23d3d6f3b575.jpg

There might be a few more sunbakers in Central Australia now with the top layer of dust blown off them 🙂

• Like 1

Nice finds

Great photos phrunt! What caused the huge dust storm?

So when are you going to have that LOTR ring tested? That must be bugging you no? It's bugging me so I thought I'd ask lol.

Never tought of detecting ski lifts. Hmmmmmmm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JohnnyRox
      Unboxed it, assembled it and went to power it up...and nothing.  Hooked it up to the charger and the charging light stays solid and doesn't blink.  Able to power it up while on charge and the battery indicator reads full...but as soon as I unplug the charger, it dies.  

Need some help please.  
    • By relicmeister
      Last Sunday was pretty mild, though windy; so I decided to take a hike up a mountain path that goes back all the way to colonial times. 
        I had a lot of fun, and mostly was finding ammo  until I got a good dime signal  I expected a dime but was surprised to see this 1906 Barber dome. 
        After a rinse-off at home I was astounded by the exceptional quality of this coin- just beautiful.    I later found this colonial button which is the smallest button I’ve ever found. This button was 6” deep found using field 2. The equinox really hits on the tiny little items. 

• By Mountain Mike
      We have all had the dream of huge silver appearing in the hole. In my dreams it was always a Morgan. Today it actually happened!!  I love my eTrac but left it in the Jeep. I wanted to get some more hours on the Nox 800. This was actually a backup location as there were to many people at my intended location. I got a sketchy high tone with the depth gauge pegged. I dug down about 9 inches and realized I had missed the target. After a scoop into the sidewall a huge silver lay in the bottom of the hole. The coin must have been on edge or very close. I stared at it saying "No Way!". I Also dug a silver Washington 3 ft. away. I have been over this area before with the eTrac and missed these coins. Truly a day to remember!

• By Happa54
      Hey everyone...
      I've had my Nox for approx 10 months now and have approx 200 hours on it. 
      I'm getting more comfortable with its various modes and have fallen into a good groove with the machine. I've done well with it in great finds. 
      The area that I'm weak on is single frequencies because I have not given them a chance to prove whether it is even worth it to hunt in those modes.
      My questions are... When do you use 5kz or 10kz? Trashy or moderate trash sites? Do you use single just to cross reference a signal against multi frequency?
      Has anyone dug anything significantly better in single vs multi? Has anyone been impressed at what single frequency can do vs multi? 
      Note: For the most part I hunt trashy sites with relic/jewelry/coin mix. At the parks I simply put it on Park 1 or 2 and do not think about single frequency. But when in lot sites, and I'm running into lots of trash, I wonder how the single frequencies will work for me. Or better yet... what should it be doing for me that's better than multi?
      Any feedback is appreciated. 

• By groundscanner
      Here are my best finds from my last two trips with my new Equinox 800.  The site is an old plantation that has been under continual cultivation since the 1830's.   All detecting took place in plowed fields with over 180 years of accumulated nails, iron farm implements, and assorted trash.  Running the 800 with no discrimination sounds like machine gun fire due to the massive amounts of nails and other iron (I wasn't searching this way though!).  I was running the 800 mostly in Field 1 and occasionally in Field 2.  Field 1 was a touch quieter. 
      I found 6 Tax Tokens, a V nickel, a buff, and one Jefferson nickel; 5 pennies including one IH;  one merc and one 1876 Carson City seated liberty dime.  I was very excited about the CC dime since this is a Mississippi site and I have never found one before.  Unfortunately both dimes have plow marks.  This is not uncommon considering the amount of cultivation.
      Additional finds included a nice flat button, bridle boss, several brass rivets, heel plate, and other whatzits.  The smaller rivet was fairly deep.
      Considering the amount of trash I was very impressed with the 800.