Bad 2 Directional Falses After Upgrade With 6" Coil In Iron

amergin

My point is you had a problem with the first firmware, so what are you comparing it too? Do you have a time machine in which you've tried a future version?

I said I haven't used mine much, but you haven't asked me how many hours. Having a debate about who is entitled to have an opinion about a coil without that information is silly. Like going off half-cocked to the engineers.

If we are 5 pages in and still isn't apparent what the problem is, how do you expect the engineers to do anything for you with such poorly explained information.  Bunch of rumors, I read this, and this guy did that, wheres the beef?, give them/us something to work with.

10 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

My point is you had a problem with the first firmware, so what are you comparing it too? Do you have a time machine in which you've tried a future version?

I said I haven't used mine much, but you haven't asked me how many hours. Having a debate about who is entitled to have an opinion about a coil without that information is silly. Like going off half-cocked to the engineers.

If we are 5 pages in and still isn't apparent what the problem is, how do you expect the engineers to do anything for you with such poorly explained information.  Bunch of rumors, I read this, and this guy did that, wheres the beef?, give them/us something to work with.

who had a problem with original factory setting, can you go back read original posts

if your not reading properly no wonder your upset, 

its great others are not having  a problem, and also great you don't want to believe others are,

its a nice day out and I have better things to like swinging my machine  

as i am not interested only if you are having problem

On 12/1/2018 at 5:22 AM, amergin said:

Clarification

This discussion is not about who is right or wrong, or if you are not experiencing it it cannot exist

I simply said   "please post your experiences here, if you've experienced bad 2 directional falses after upgrade with 6" coil in Iron

as I want to pass it on to them, I appreciate all the advice and reading others experiences, Lets stay focused,

The discussion on Dectector technology and Iron in general or users expecting a free luch is not this discussion

its great that some people are not experiencing , but some people are, but it would be no reason not to buy coil

here area list of comments from other forums from people having similar issues:

You know, somehow this was so predictable, that you would turn out to be a blow-hard, when approached with a bit of common sense.

Perhaps it was a slip on your, when you revealed that your ultimate goal with this thread is to be "right" about something, rather then just an average detectorist going through a iron spell.

These quotes you posted don't correlate what you are saying,  first thing they do is roll back the firmware?, not one of those people specifically stated they even tried to turn down the sensitivity. For Pete's sake the last quote is from this forum and says it does the same thing with the 11" lol.

So now what, engineers contact all these people to make sure they weren't running 20+ in iron?
Engineers go and dig up your site and make sure your not hitting flat iron and horseshoes all the while claiming 2" straight cut nails?

The benefit of the doubt has been lost on this one. Telling me to stay focused, as if I was off topic, is rude. It's one thing to disagree, but when you start playing these games you lose some credibility.

I read the entire thread this morning. My 800 has the update,with the 6 on it I am digging a bit more iron at depth.

The flip side is that it finds previously missed high conductors in high trash areas, thats a fair exchange in my book. There seems to 

be a difference in tone quality, a slight shortening or clip when it falses.I am keeping mine as there are no cellar holes or CW battle fields

here in Southern California.

• Like 6

On 12/1/2018 at 6:20 AM, Alluminati said:

You know, somehow this was so predictable, that you would turn out to be a blow-hard, when approached with a bit of common sense.

Perhaps it was a slip on your, when you revealed that your ultimate goal with this thread is to be "right" about something, rather then just an average detectorist going through a iron spell.

These quotes you posted don't correlate what you are saying,  first thing they do is roll back the firmware?, not one of those people specifically stated they even tried to turn down the sensitivity. For Pete's sake the last quote is from this forum and says it does the same thing with the 11" lol.

So now what, engineers contact all these people to make sure they weren't running 20+ in iron?
Engineers go and dig up your site and make sure your not hitting flat iron and horseshoes all the while claiming 2" straight cut nails?

The benefit of the doubt has been lost on this one. Telling me to stay focused, as if I was off topic, is rude. It's one thing to disagree, but when you start playing these games you lose some credibility.

can you not read what i originally wrote 

"I am running Field 2, 5 tones , recovery speed 6/7, no iron bias and all metal on sens 20

I drop sensitivity to 15 and go over again"

again stay focused and read the question in my original post , 

also regarding being right or wrong  as i have previous posted and you did not read?

so stay focused and read all posts in detail

Clarification

This discussion is not about who is right or wrong, or if you are not experiencing it it cannot exist

I simply said   "please post your experiences here, if you've experienced bad 2 directional falses after upgrade with 6" coil in Iron

as I want to pass it on to them, I appreciate all the advice and reading others experiences, Lets stay focused,

The discussion on Dectector technology and Iron in general or users expecting a free luch is not this discussion

its great that some people are not experiencing , but some people are, but it would be no reason not to buy coil

here area list of comments from other forums from people having similar issues:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsrtdwg1 said:

I read the entire thread this morning. My 800 has the update,with the 6 on it I am digging a bit more iron at depth.

The flip side is that it finds previously missed high conductors in high trash areas, thats a fair exchange in my book. There seems to 

be a difference in tone quality, a slight shortening or clip when it falses.I am keeping mine as there are no cellar holes or CW battle fields

here in Southern California.

great thank you, good to know

23 hours ago, staffydog33 said:

IMHO...you and Steve would never say a single negative thing about a Minelab and IMHO....you seem to try and seem to brush off any minelab problems and deny they exist.

Dude, FWIW...If the Equinox exploded when it turned on, you would brush it off and say it's not s fault etc.

Matt

I have not even posted on this thread and still you take a swing at me? That’s ok Matt... my opinion of you is very low also, so the feeling is mutual. If you think problems get buried on this forum then your ignorance is on clear display. I would nuke threads like the one we are posting on if that were the case.

As far as never having a negative thing to say about Minelab...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, amergin said:

"please post your experiences here, if you've experienced bad 2 directional falses after upgrade with 6" coil in Iron

Amergin - I have some comment/questions on what you are calling "2 directional falses" but it has nothing to do with pre or post update.  Since post-upgrade experiences are all you want posted in this thread, then I will hold my tongue.  Let me know, however, if you want to talk about your setup (5 tones - wouldn't necessarily be my choice if falsing was an issue), what you consider a false, what other information you take into account when you hit a questionable signal (e.g., tonal quality not just tone, TID stability, etc.), how you interrogate the target (AM, pinpointer, hit it with single frequency, hit it with a disparate mode, etc.).   It is not JUST about high tones in two directions, that is really just scratching the surface and without the additional information I discussed above, not sure why ML would really bother with the report as is.  Not encouraged by their recommendation to just have you do a factory reset.  I would frankly be insulted if they told me to do that.  Finally, it is great you are tallying up all the positive and negative experiences, but DO take time to listen to what other people here are saying to you regarding your setup and don't dismiss those that are having success just because that experience does not match yours or contradicts your premise that the upgrade has made things significantly worse with the small coil. Not saying there isn't an issue, post update.  Let's be clear.  I just have not had enough experience side-by-side to say one way or the other.  I perceive there may be more "falsing" but I deal with it like any other falsing and make a dig decision accordingly at that moment in time..  What I do know is that is was not something that jumped out at me as a wow this is really something that has changed post update, until others mentioned it and I paid attention to it.  I've probably said too much, but just thought I would put that out there.  Cheers.

• Like 5