Equinox Single Frequency Users?

Cabin Fever

I'm using Multi about 80% of the time with 15KHz being a solid 20%. 

I usually always go over the entire ground I'm hunting using Multi and of course, always have luck with that. If time allows, I go back over the ground running 15KHz and always seem to pick up a few coin signals that I either missed using multi, or just passed by for whatever reason. 

While the update has helped with coins sitting on their side using Multi, I still seem to have better results using a mid range frequency at picking out coins on their side. 

I just see this as a fantastic feature that Minelab has given to their customers, the ability to switch frequencies and personalize their hunt. If you haven't tried it, you might consider going over a a previously searched yard using a single frequency,, you might be surprised at what you find ?

-Bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voyager32 said:

what frequency do you find works best for you on our modern coins? 

Voyager32 the settings i started with but tweak a bit based on the park i am at is. Park2, 40khz, 50 tone, Iron bias 2, recovery speed 4.

This hits loonies and toonies as well as newer quarters. They jump a bit but not as much as bottle caps. I do tend to get about 15-25% more bottlecaps in single frequency but in multi i dont think i have ever dug a loonie or toonie.

8 hours ago, W.Degenstien said:

Voyager32 the settings i started with but tweak a bit based on the park i am at is. Park2, 40khz, 50 tone, Iron bias 2, recovery speed 4.

This hits loonies and toonies as well as newer quarters. They jump a bit but not as much as bottle caps. I do tend to get about 15-25% more bottlecaps in single frequency but in multi i dont think i have ever dug a loonie or toonie.

I mostly use multi in park2 sometimes all metal, in 50 tone, speed 3 (nox 600) iron bias 2 so we’re using similar settings, I have found quite a few loonies and toonies and quarters but it depends on the year, most of the loonies are late 80’s the vdi’s jump around but I’m starting to recognize the sound, bottle caps I listen for the iron grunt or check at 10khz and if the vdi starts jumping into the 20’s it’s a bottle cap, of course that doesn’t help when it comes to aluminum caps lol I hate those things. I have the 6in coil as well and haven’t used the 11in since I got it. The photo is two days of detecting about 5 hours total.

BA3C9971-AB69-48B0-9A07-C57FDD8DD269.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am new to the eqinox 600 but over the years have poun ded my 1700s house that I live in so I detect almost every day. have been over it with multiple high end machines.been detecting the last two years nothing found. last few months detetected with nox 600 in multi freq. ,nothing. yesterday tried single freq. 5. pulled a deep colonial button over a foot down. and some deep relics. looks like its good for deep high conductors. going to test some more,will let you know how I make out.still digging hand full of rusty nails though,i guess that's just the name of the game. but after 2 years not finding anything,then finding a button and relics,thats awesome.

• Like 1