What Records Do You Keep And How?

On 12/2/2018 at 9:18 PM, kiwijw said:

I just keep a little black book of all my individual gold pieces finds for every time I go out & find something. Date, location, detector used, weather conditions, coil size, individual weights & total weight for that day/location. And photos too so I can share on the forum. :biggrin: 

Oooppss....just realised this was detecting for coins & relics & not finds in general. My finds being gold. My bad but l will stick with it.:rolleyes:

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

Thank you JW!  The only problem I see with posting photos is that they make it harder to exaggerate.?

On 12/9/2018 at 8:54 PM, Tnsharpshooter said:

Welcome  Bozko.

Some good info here and helpful folks too.

Keeping detailed records can be very time consuming.  Could cut into your actual detecting time.

Whatever you decide good luck.

David

Thank you David!  I think initially I want to keep some notes to speed up my learning process but don’t want this to become a hobby of it’s own.  Thanks for the advice!

Jim

Guest Tnsharpshooter
7 minutes ago, Bozko said:

Thank you David!  I think initially I want to keep some notes to speed up my learning process but don’t want this to become a hobby of it’s own.  Thanks for the advice!

Jim

Oh yeah, keeping some notes for advancing one’s skill and knowledge is a GOOD idea.