I have broken my head phones that came with my Minlab monster 1000. I have tried searching for another pair that will work without rewiring everything but I don't understand exactly what it is I need. Can anyone recommend a good pair of head phones for the Monster 1000?

Hi,

If you're in Quartzite, Rob's Detectors in Surprise AZ should have those headphones in stock. He is a great guy and would certainly help you out. He has a website. If he is not traveling he usually replies quickly. Serious Detecting has them too in Ypsilanti if you're in Michigan. They should cost about $30. If you can find a mono adapter......good luck on that.  I had two pair of the stock headphones from the Gold Monster and Nox 600 but one crashed and burned almost immediately! They are very poorly made in my opinion.

Jeff

Sennheiser 280 Pro (been a LONG time but I think that's the name)….  Been using them for ear protection when I practice my drums, use them with my eTrac, use them when listening to stereo, and they come with both 1/4 & 1/8" jack.  Although they are audiophile, noise cancelling phones they work in the Monster just fine.  I don't use phones with the Monster normally just the speaker. Have been using the same set of Senns for 8-9 years now with NO complaints or problems.  Think they ran about $80 8-9 yrs ago?????

PS....My Monster phones didn't even work right outta the box....junk (rolling eyes)……..

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/sennheiser-hd-280-pro-closed-back-headphones/j42590000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXMP&msclkid=944c2b554b6512630dbe70ab7fb0886f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%5BADL%5D%20%5BMF%5D%20%5BNon-Brand%5D%20%5BPLA%5D%20%5BUS%5D%20%5BEnhanced%5D%20%5BShopping%5D%20-%20Manufacturer&utm_term=1100506609704&utm_content=PLA%20-%20Product%20Type&adlclid=ADL-29d25c01-e3fd-426f-acd0-0d63c5e59249

The CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster, Equinox, and possibly other Minelab models require stereo headphones that are properly wired so that the external speaker will shut off when the headphones are plugged in. Mono headphones will always work, and a mono to stereo adapter will fix stereo headphones that are not wired properly.

The Sun Ray Pro Gold CTX version will work with all these detectors but may require a 1/8” to 1/4” adapter.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster, Equinox, and possibly other Minelab models require stereo headphones that are properly wired so that the external speaker will shut off when the headphones are plugged in. Mono headphones will always work, and a mono to stereo adapter will fix stereo headphones that are not wired properly.

The Sun Ray Pro Gold CTX version will work with all these detectors but may require a 1/8” to 1/4” adapter.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphon

Steve......I have read where these headphone have kind of wimpy switches on them that break easy and come out of the adjustment that you set them in. I would be interested in your thoughts on them. I guess I am fairly hard on my equipment though I understand they will work with anything. Thank you for the wiring explanation. 

Detector Pro made a model for the gold monster. Very nice well made headphones with a 1/8" jack. Givve Ronnie a call at Detector Pro.

I did call Ronnie and he said they still don't make headphones for the monster 1000. It sounded like they may not either. The model you're talking about may or may not go into production. He distributed a few around as test models only. 

• Like 1