Equinox 15" Coil Goes Deeper Than I Thought - Big Gold

20 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That is a special piece.  Well done.

I can say I've found some deep stuff too on the beaches.  Goes much deeper than I thought and I think as deep as I need.

I'm curious about the sound and the numbers.  What were they?

As to the 'oreo' ... I think of that as being black on the outside with a cream filling.  I would think of it as a gold filled sugar donut.

Mitchel

Mitchel,  The signal was clear and repeatable but not a "wower".  I guess some folks might have walked past, but my ears listen to the ground and sounds it makes.  #8 most of the time with an occasional #9.  Funny, how some smaller 3 gram flat solid nuggets give a 12 or 13 reading and this one with over approx 1.5 ozt of gold in it read less?  Most of the specimens in the area are #1 and occasional #2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Sweet...... and i see you are using those crappy headphones everyone seems to not like lol.  

They sure keep my ears warm when it is 20 degrees out.  May not be the best quality or best sealing, but I like the sound and comfort.  Sure there is a slight delay, but I know that.  Some folks just like to complain and that is their right.  I just like digging gold with an occasional complaint..its to pretty to sell.

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Very nice Gerry, reminds me of the Moore Creek “cookies”. Congratulations!

3.47 ounce Moore Creek, Alaska gold specimen....

minelab-gp-3000-large-gold-specimen-clos

That photo reminds me of such a big difference in ground conditions and the preferred detectors to be used.  Just a rock chuck down the road is Ganes Creek, AK and the VLF is King.  Then go up the road to Moore and PI is preferred.  So glad they make different models for us to use.  Stunner of a find Steve.

JW, nice comments, and solid gold advice about the slight shifts in threshold tones that far too many nugget shooters ignore or discount or just fail to grasp the essential nature of.

Your advice is the one defining difference that makes the difference. 

As for you Gerry, that must have been a blood-pumping, heart-pounding moment, indeed!

All the best, 

Lanny